Poker Hands and Strategy

That is his version of being a LAG. :grin:

Live version of a misclick

2 Likes

This feels eerily similar to Churchill posting in the covid threads, I mean it’s such a horrible line, but if you criticize it people like JT and Jal will get incensed that you punched down on another forum member and their right to play horrible poker.

1 Like

I honestly believe he makes some of these hand histories up as trolls. Every one has some magically unique villain that only exists in his games.

2 Likes

Had the same thought a few times. The lines are absurd and there just isn’t any possible way to give advice.

1 Like

You trollin us with this hand. One of dem smart lags betting 15 into a 700 dollar pot? You minraising 30 which never ever makes sense?

The explanation is also funny. If any player bets under 5% pot on the river with a substantial stack behind, it means one of two things but usually both:

1. Villain is terrible
  2. Villain thinks the other player in the hand is terrible.

Or we’re all trying to run NBZ off the site!! Which I think JT claimed at some point. Gmafb

JT is good peeps. Kindly asking that we keep the drama out of the strat thread.

7 Likes

What the hell were you thinking min-raising on the river? The only explanations that make sense to me are you were drunk and/or accidentally tossed out too many chips.

Sorry, you’re right, that was uncalled for

4 Likes

I honestly put him on a flush and thought the minraise was extracting close to max value against that sort of hand. I thought he might reraise to 45, but mainly I thought he would call with a wide range because it’s a weird bet that makes people curious. There’s also the metagame aspect of making the game more playful and less serious.

Against the right player, I have occasionally made this sort of super tiny river bet to induce a bluff raise. It usually works one time against a given player, so I wait for the right moment to run a fake post oak bluff. I was wary that he was doing something similar to me.

Anyways, I tank called because it just didn’t make any sense. I thought with a full house, he would have just bet big on the river, hoping I had a smaller boat or a flush I couldn’t let go of, because he cultivates the image to get paid off and he knows his table image.

He had a jack high flush that he turned into a bluff and was incredulous that I could call him with such a weak hand, telling me that I “like to fold” and citing his four blocker in his hand as a reason why he thought I didn’t have a hand that could call. Dude was not happy, but he borrowed 500 from a friend and ran that up to over 4k in a few hands and he was back to being a fun guy at the table, but his momentary brooding made it clear that his drunk act was at least partially just that–an act–and I saw behind the curtain a bit.

Lol I stopped reading when you said he might reraise to 45. Nh

3 Likes

You’ve never played at a table where players goof off and do stuff like put in five min-raises collectively preflop?

Honestly - never once in my life lol.

No shit. I’ve played thousands of hours live and never seen this one time in a big bet game.

Kinda seems weird to admit you’re “goofing off” and simultaneously asking for proper strategy.

If you want to goof off, that’s fine. But all of our answers are going to be irrelevant, because no one here would min-raise 15 more into a pot of 700 ever.

I have, but then again I play a lot of limit poker :joy:

5 Likes

I am shocked at this development

1 Like

I have trouble believing anyone who plays professionally can do so with Bruce”a bizarre mixture of weak tight orthodoxy and insane fancy play syndrome.