Poker Hands and Strategy

27% rakeback, if you rake more than $1500 a month consistently you can get more switching to the VIP program. There’s a deposit bonus that is hard to fully clear but will bump you to something like 40% RB while you are clearing it.

1 Like

There is a 100% first time deposit bonus up to $2k. I think its pretty hard to clear.

1 Like

Kinda interesting hand, I have As5s, 2/5, with a 20 straddle, I make it 75 in late position, button (fish) calls, straddler calls

Flop: Ad 10d 8c

I check, checks around

Turn 9c, I bet 160, button calls

River Qd.

I check, button ships for 700. Hero?

You can only beat a stone bluff. I’m not calling unless I have seen this fish overbet jam before with not much of a hand.

True, but I didn’t mention he’s on tilt, aggro, and I can’t see him ever checking back diamonds, AJ QJ or J9 on this flop. It’s also 7am

If he’s on tilt, does that mean he has all the other Jx hands in his range when he calls turn?

His range is very wide, so yes

So it’s basically limited to KJ, 10J, 8J, but not 7J because he’s raising that turn 100%

So no J5s?

ehh, that would be a stretch, possible, but not very likely he’s calling 75 with J5s I’d say

I’m a little embarrassed to post this after last week’s QQ hand but here goes!

Second hand at new table at 0/2 no limit at the Peppermill Reno, and I don’t recognize the opponents. I am button and have $300, blind has $265 and CO has $79.

6 limpers to me and I raise it to $12 with Q :clubs: Q :diamonds:. The SB and 5 of the 6 limpers call so it’s 7 to the flop.

Flop is 2 :clubs: 2 :hearts: 5 :spades:. It gets checked around and I check behind. I figured that if I bet and get action it’s probably not action I want, and I’m not vulnerable to draws.

Turn is 2 :diamonds:. The blind leads out for $30 and it folds around to the cutoff, who goes all-in for $67. I think about it and call. The small blind raises to around $200, I don’t know the exact count because I folded right away.

Blind has 4 :clubs: 5 :diamonds:. Cutoff has 6 :spades: 6 :hearts: and scoops the pot.

Thoughts on anything I should have done differently? I think my preflop raise was too small given the number of limpers but not sure what else was bad.

Preflop is way too small. $20-25.

Then you should be betting ~half pot on the flop, you’re basically never behind here.

You get in your own head on the turn clearly, imo it’s quite unlikely quads is leading out for 1/3 pot.

It’s fine! But yea go bigger pre, that flop is great for queens, you gotta bet it, then jam turn

You are severely overestimating what hands people will call with on the flop!

1 Like

This is totally wrong, you will get plenty of action from pairs and you are vulnerable to A and K turns. There’s lots of money out there to fight for and if someone has a deuce, so be it. Definitely at least 20 pre after 6 limpers and then it’s even easier to just get it in.

Also, I didn’t even see the turn, holy balls, do not fold this ever in a low stakes game.

2 Likes

You’re allowed to bet small on the flop.

Dumbest hand I’ve played in a long time, $20 straddle, some limpers, I make it $125 on the button with AKo, dude cold ships the BB for $900. I’m pretty sure I’m folding here. But then tells me he hasn’t looked at his hand, I tell him lol bullshit, he takes offense to the fact that I don’t believe him, flips up Q9o. I call. Board bricks and I ship, lolwtfbbq

6 Likes

I called the A5ss hand, he turned K 10o into a bluff, I honestly thought it was only 10J, J8, or JK and that’s it

If BB isn’t like a 70+ known nit, that’s a snapcall for effectively 45bb, even if there weren’t limpers and you made it 2.5x instead of 6x.

1 Like

He’d been playing like super tight and nitty, it was the weirdest hand! Like me telling him I thought he was full of shit was some sort of stain on his honor and he just flipped out

That’s part of why it would have to be an extremely specific player read to ever fold AK for 45bb closing the action in a cash game, especially after already putting in 6bb. People spaz and do dumb shit, plus even if he’s being reasonable, AK and JJ-QQ are way more likely and there’s tons of dead money.