Poker Hands and Strategy

He has a deuce he can’t be drawing dead to quads?

Otherwise totally agree with your analysis.

Drawing dead or to quads

Oh my bad. :grin:

I think SB can have all kinds of shit that he’d lead with but it isn’t the SB that I am particularly worried about.

It’s that I’m facing a pot bet with 4 players behind + all the cards that I have to snap fold to on the turn + the turns that do help me still put me in a shitty spot because the remaining 20 cards that saw the flop will remain in the pot with a lot of the cards that end up coolering us if we do hit our flush or a J. I am imagining far more scenarios where are hand turns to shit instead of scenarios of how we win. I personally am folding this flop.

This is like the only hand I’ve read and responded to on UP so I don’t know how else this particular player who posted the hand plays but I agree with most everything NBZ said, with maybe the caveat that SB can have a wider range of shit than expressed but I wasn’t playing in the game.

Fair. Bruce posts the ultimate nittiest line in every hand history he makes.

I just can’t see how I am folding on the flop here given in my game 5 people to the flop is completely standard. If I’m snap folding this I am leaving so much on the table. Also, these low limit plo games are often super deep so we get room to make a call and evaluate then maybe we lost $40 but maybe we win $800 against a guy who is snap calling every turn and river with a set of fours.

If this was online I snap fold the flop here. Live this seems like such an obvious call I’m super confused it’s even a debate.

Also won my biggest online pot in a few weeks yesterday and won the cash leaderboard for $500 as well.

BB is an absolute whale in the hand, overcalling my 3b pf then raise/calling the flop.

…Broke even on the day because we took a shot at 2/5 when we saw a gigantic whale. Dude got it in for $1500 pre with 2367 single. We got half of that 3 way pot, but lost every other one unfortunately.

3 Likes

Well timed hand history to make my point! :grin:

NH sir.

Showing my SN would just show I’m a very small winner long term before RB, but I do get ~5k in RB a month and I’m not a pro.

I don’t really play online anymore but it thought rakeback was mostly shitty now?

It used to be amazing. Even bad players could profit small with volume and rake back alone.

It depends. Stars gives everyone ~65% now, but its kind of crazy in execution. I get a “challenge” every month to generate x amount of rake (usually 5k, has been 8k in the past) then I get 40% of that as a cash bonus when completed. I also get chests that give me 25% rakeback. The leaderboards have given me another 1k in RB as well this month, which puts me at ~85% rakeback.

GG is a bit better for RB in terms of upfront cash/less volume needed but their rake is higher and basically nowhere else has decent PLO cash game selection.

Interesting. Man I miss the rakeback of the early 2000’s. The games were insanely soft then they added on insane rakeback which was so easy to get. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

For sure, but for that to happen, we’d need to…

Avoid a back raise from one of the players behind us on the flop.

Avoid a turn bet or raise that prices us out if we don’t hit our straight or flush on the turn.

Hit our straight on the turn without anyone holding Q10 if we hit the J or hit the flush and have no on else hold higher hearts.

Avoid pairing the board and assume that we can get called down deep stacked against someone when the flush or straight comes in with a set or 2 pair.

I am not saying that this is some difficult feat as live poker is just stupid but I just feel that it’s sometimes easy to miss how many things need to go your way for this not get real bad.

Calling the flop isn’t terrible obviously, I just think it may not be best.

1 Like

For dbl board bomb pot I have already screwed up by betting, now let’s make it worse. I called the 540 and I was hoping the $600 short stack would come along, but it was a $1500 stack that came along instead, crap. Let’s see a turn.

Now we have 4 2 2 10 (Also puts backdoor flush draw out there)

The all diamond board bricked, 5c

BB pots it, i curse these bomb pots, muck.

other guy calls with 2 K 10 J

BB has nut flush and 4 blocker, they split up

So yeah, definitely shoulda folded flop

I’m not enthusiastic about betting this flop. I’ve been meaning to do a more in-depth study. If you’re scooping, your opponents are usually drawing thin. If you’re beat both ways, you have few outs. You don’t really want to play a big pot here because you don’t have either side locked up.

It’s a split pot game. If this were single board hilo, my guess is your hand would be the equivalent of flopping a non-nut flush with a non-nut low.

If you knew you were getting free rolled by the nut flush with a wheel draw, what would you do?

This particular player doesn’t check-raise, especially with a flush draw out there. If he checks bottom set, he’s check-calling rather than check-raising.

Well check raising bottom set 5 way in a limped pot is uh, not optimal. (Unless you have like, nfd etc as well).

I don’t know of any games where people routinely stack off with bottom two. Players in my particular games are often capable of folding sets that are obviously oversetted.

Yeah, almost no one in my game gets stacked If they are deep and have bottom set.

I don’t play much PLO or any split pot games so I’m pretty out of my element, but lots of players in this game don’t either, so people doing lots of dumb stuff.

But yea I should assume he’s got the nut flush and outs against my A2, while I have no outs against his nut flush.