Poker Hands and Strategy

I’m not at all familiar with the player pool but I’d 4-bet that pre. Flatting AK to a 3-bet IP is fine if you’re closing the action, but with the UTG player still active, I probably just cold 4-bet. Cold calling 3-bets just narrows your range too much that I would only do if I had a specific read that I could keep in a weak range by doing it, which won’t happen at anonymous tables.

As played… blah. Probably call I guess? There’s too much money to fold to AK IP. I could easily be talked into shove being good as well.

Live 1/3. I’m first on the list for a bigger game so I’m not asking for a table change. I’m also never racking up and waiting.

Three OMCs limp with ranges that include premiums in their over-limping ranges. They’re stacks are approximately 100, 200, and 300. The blinds are unknowns with about 250. I have everyone covered. I am OTB. I’m pretty sure I should be limping with a wide range and with hands I would raise at a looser table.

What are you raising with in this spot and with what bet-sizing?

Reza just joined the 50/100/100 stream.

He has donked off $16k in 3 hands.

He also tipped $25 for a coffee so good for that dude. I hope he stacks the entire table.

He gets there as a 2-1 dog against Andy for 115k running it twice

1 Like

Fun watch. Gal played remarkably bad in this session. I did enjoy when he yelled “come on me” at Nick which is a literal translation to a Hebrew slang. He then blushingly argued that he said “come at me”.

mbn to be the weak tight guy who made nuts 3 times and had people throw money at him.

1 Like

What are you guys doing on this river? 2/4 NL online, 9 handed, with KdKh. $500 effective stacks. Utg (fish) min raises to 8. Utg +1 (very solid player) makes it 24. I’ve been playing pretty tight, decide to flat bc I want Utg in the hand. Button calls, BB calls, Utg calls, 5 to the flop. Hmm.

Q44 r. Utg +1 bets 35 into a 120 pot, I call, everyone else folds.

Turn 6c, puts backdoor flush draw out. He checks, I bet half pot, 95 into 190, he calls.

River 2, completes backdoor flush possibility. He checks again. Hero? I’ve left myself just under a full pot size bet for a shove. Pot is 380 and I have 350, are we shoving here?

I haven’t played online in like a decade so my thoughts are probably bad. In live poker at these stakes i would bet like 100-150 hoping to get a crying call from TT-JJ (and AQ ofc). But that might not fly online vs a solid opponent.

We are losing to AA (and QQ i suppose) only as he will barrel his bdfd surely. I think its enough combos to bet there but maybe im wrong.

If you miss your timing with a snap shove, I’d check back.

He’s solid, he views me as tight, I don’t think he’d call a small bet with 10s or JJs on a board this dry. Maybe a small bet could get a crying call out of QK, but obv I block a bunch of those. I really think AQ is the only worse hand that pays me off here.

I guess you should check back. He probably won’t be calling a shove with AQ anyway as you really can’t be bluffing. I would still bet smallish

When heads-up (100bb) against an unknown following a PF raise, what is everyone’s feeling about getting AIPF with QQ or AKo?

Does the answer change if it’s not HU?

Position? Tight table or loose table? Your recent preflop action? Too many variables. But in the nitty online games I play getting it in pre with AKo or QQ usually means you’re flipping or losing. Live games I’m much happier to get it in with those hands.

And yes, more players definitely matters, people will reraise lighter to steal the pot or iso the fish, so you have to readjust accordingly

Weird hand from a live session.

I open T8dd to 15 HJ.
CO (old guy sat down with $80) calls with like
BTN makes it 30 (lol).
Blinds call

I call, CO calls.

Flop T98ccd

BB open jams 200

I have ~2500 and btn had similar stack.

Whats your play?

Assuming it’s a donk and not a nit, cut out some raising chips to intimidate your opponents and then just call and hope you don’t get much action behind lol. Eh maybe minraise. What do you put button on with the minraise preflop?

I’ve gotten it in PF with those hands easily 100x and been good the majority of times. Dead very little. Depends on a ton of things though. I’ve even folded KK twice pf correctly live, but also gotten in AQ for 200+bb like 10x and only been crushed once.

Yea I wish I would have bet small. I shoved and actually almost got AA to fold. Almost.

But I yeah I really didn’t like the shove, I have so few bluffs, he might even be folding AQ here

it’s the first time i played with him. Racial profiling he looked like a tech guy, 40ish asian. dealers knew him but he was def not good and wasn’t very good handling chips. He was changing his betting sizes based on it strength, claiming he had to “protect his hand” when suddenly raising huge pf or betting 200 into 100.
I try not to give to much weight into narrowing down a range based on small sample reads, but at the time I thought he might have AA but probably never JJ-KK or AK.

The guy who donk shoved wasn’t a complete donk, so he connected to the board in some way, but I just stacked him so he might also be steaming. Either way there are infinite draws there.

I called, short stack got his 40-50 bucks stack in and BTN appeared to fold quickly then looked at his cards again asked how much and called.

Turn Ax, action on us.

Check call methinks