Poker Hands and Strategy

It’s just poker. I’ve had some decent success in mixed game tournaments, so maybe my mind handles switching between games better.

This is one of the most absurd live hands I’ve seen. I just need a cool $100k to play with guys like Ollie.

1 Like

5/5 PLO

I forget preflop, but it was some limpers, a pot-building raise to 15, I flat OTB with KK65ds, tight player in BB pots it to 80 and we end up 6 ways to the flop.

Flop is 855 with two hearts (not one of my suits). BB jams with obvious aces for about 250. Folded to loose passive old man in HJ who vacillates. CO thinks that HJ calls and puts in a call. Dealer corrects CO and HJ eventually puts in a call with 15 behind. CO now asks if he can raise. Dealer says, lol no. CO is committed to out of turn call. Hero thinks and decides to shove for 600 effective.

lol nice 5.5x pot shove on the turn

This was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.

The game last night was the most insane mixture of world class play and woat play.

Garrett is legitimately an amazing cash game players. Just so elite.

1 Like

Just lol.

Lol at “rivered a straight so sick”

Only explanation is that he was fake Postled. Had hole card info but if was incorrect. That or he just learned the rules of poker this week.

He mucked the best hand earlier in the game. He punted $100k in an hour and dipped.

On the opposite end of the spectrum here is a brain breaker. Garrett is the GOAT.

Krish loses his god damn mind.

Aren’t there some card rooms where out of turn action is not binding?

Maybe, I’m used to out of turn action being binding if the size of the bet you face doesn’t change.

Not a great play.

Yes, it might sometimes work vs idiots.

Firstly, we don’t want to pick random dry boards to cr bluff. We really should have very few 2p and set combos.
Secondly, villain will still likely call with Aaxx combos that have a 3, 4 or 10 in them. Also as you find out, if they have 1 or 2 bd fd they will also be ok to call.

And a nittier player is less likely to bet AA hands that don’t have those features.

1-2-(10) PLO

2 limps, I r 50 w KQQ8ccss in CO, BTN calls, 4 way to the flop

Flop Kd Td 5c (Pot 210)

Checked around.

Turn 8h (Pot 210)

Checked to me, I bet 150, BTN calls, rest fold.

River As (Pot 510)

Check, BTN bets 275. Don’t know anything about V, but this seems like a good combo to bluffcatch with, so I flick it in.

V has some AA with a low gutter.

Garrett and Andy are likely two of if not the best 2 deep stacked cash players around. I’d give the nod to Andy tho. Garrett punts just a bit too often I think. Andy isn’t perfect but seems much more calculated and consistent with his massive bluffs and hero calls.

I got a referral bonus on Bovada for $100 and seems it went directly into my account, so i have it now but I have to play X amount before i could cash it out is all?

My deposit bonuses on Bovada have worked that way.

1 Like

Is there any feeling in poker worse than watching the drunk fish 5b jam preflop for 500bb vs the nitreg utg open/4b? :((

H#4169129056

Got a hand or a few to share to line check as I just started playing again and basically relearning from the ground up.

5NL Zone/Blitz etc on Bovada

Everyone 100 BB

UTG +1 opens to 3bb
I’m UTG +2 and call with 99
Folds to BB who raises to 17.5 BB
UTG+1 Folds
I call

Flop 4sKc3s

BB checks, I check

Turn 3h He checks I bet half pot he calls.

River 4c He leads out 2/3 pot ???

Thoughts on river and the rest of the hand as well? I feel like i maybe shoulda bet flop or either just checked the turn as played.