Poker Hands and Strategy

No pre flop is only on bomb pots. Double board plays exactly like PLO just with 2 boards.

Double board PLO bomb pots at deep stacked NLHE tables are insanely profitable.

1 Like

Haha yea we sometimes do these at these charity poker games, NL players don’t know how to play PLO or double boards lol

It’s kinda funny to see someone being a super nit in NL and then get stacked for 200bb in seconds when their nut hand on only one board gets rivered.

5-5-(15) PLO. Effective stacks ~4500

V is previous hand’s MP, he straddles for 15, I r in the CO to 50 with KQcJc9, SB calls, V 3bets to 100, 3 way to the flop.

The mini 3b is weird and not a play I’ve seen him make. I’m not sure what it means, probably something good other than aces.

Flop 7c tc Js (Pot 305)

Checked to me, I bet 250, fold, V calls

Turn 6h (Pot 805)

V leads 500, I pot to 2305 with about 2k back because there’s <5% chance that this superaggro guy 3bet small and then x/c with the nuts on the flop and 0% that he has something actually nutted and his line makes no fucking sense at all.

He tanks for a excessive amount of time and stares me down then folds KcK face up, so I guess he had KK fd / KKQ. I very rarely show cards, but he really wanted to see them and I’m almost always going to have it against him, so I flip it over.

I have a weakness for trying to bluff the spewiest dude at the table when they take a dumb line despite it ~never working so I was happy to actually get one through.

1 Like

I think excellent NL player is giving him a lot of credit. He’s a marginal winner at Wynn 2/5. Probably ~5-8 bb/hr at a “tough” 2/5 game and maybe not even a winner in the actual tough lineups.

1 Like

I mean, villain just plays bad here. He should never have anything. Most combos of 89xx should be a c/c, cr. I honestly don’t know any value combos I would c/c then lead.

Your play is good ott.

A friend of mine won it for his first bracelet (and 150k). Pretty sick how many amazing players came from our 1-2 home game (and how sad i am that i’m not one of them)

2 Likes

The $2100? Friend of mine won it a few years back, worst part was I had 5% of him the whole week prior, but after he bricked everything stopped buying pieces.

It was the PLOsus or whatever they call it. $400 with a billion flights

Really just can’t read these days. The combo of playing vs him on Stars and the WCOOP had me just assuming we were talking a WCOOP event despite it being clearly stated.

I don’t care that it’s 25NL, 20 buy-in upswings are fun.

3 Likes

Been lucky enough to be up 30 this week with limited hours, it’s nice.

2 Likes

I’m currently on a 50+ BI heater playing in Florida 2/5 games in the last few weeks lol. But I keep thinking about how much more money I’ve would have right now if i grew up with these games, god damn. Or even if I just spent all winter/spring playing these covid games. The quality of play is just ridiculous.

1 Like

Never been lucky enough to play in soft Florida or Texas games but I was just having dinner with some friends who are fellow pros and I reminded one the first time I showed him my live results and I had more 20+ session winning streaks than losing streaks and he was quite mad when I complained about a bad beat or whatever.

How do you define bi in those games?

The 1-3 i play is table max bi which makes the game vary ridiculously in size

I was just going by 100bb, the buy in is up to $1000 though. Lots of straddles too, so a lot of the time it’s more like 5/10

1 Like

I kinda struggle with buyin amounts. On one hand i want to cover the weaker players otoh sometimes they got 3-4k stacks and not really comfortable with just buying in for those amounts.

Also sometimes these games get so stupid with like 25 straddles that buying in short is printing

Yea really depends on how many good players there are who might put you in tough spots deep, and if they’re on your left. In Florida most regs seem to be happy to not go hard vs other regs and just take the fish money so being deep is no problem

Other than the Wynn 2/5 I’ve never bought in over 200bb.

I’d always play an orbit or two and feel stuff out in any unfamiliar games/locations.

Cut my teeth on 200bb 6max online. I used to feel super comfortable deep. I never bought in for 500bb or whatever when I was at Harrahs in NOLA though. Would add low key when I had position on a whale though