Poker Hands and Strategy

What if the overbet isn’t a move this guy uses, like ever?

What was the river card? 9s?

No, brick. 3h or something

Woke up early so I thought I enter few mtts since forever. Holy fuck what are these payouts in the saturday special knockouts? Get into the money dont get even half the money back and then their itm-animation makes it really fun. As if you won something. Sure PKO’s are there for the bounty but why just ont pay less people if the bounties make up such a big chunk of your winnings anyway. Well that crosses of saturday for any poker action on my side which is actually the only day where i can sleep long enough to be fit and where I dont have to work the following day.

To be clear, SB folded the turn after you called? This is a terrible spot, wow. Assuming you’re reasonably solid, a large majority of your range after you call the turn will be Ace high flushes. So even theoretically, you should be folding more than half of them to the river 2.2x overbet, using a random number generator to decide.

Non-theoretical approach, idk, games have changed since I played regularly, but it’s hard for me to see ABC 2/5 guy running this 240bb sickest bluff ever.

The river isn’t that interesting, although I wouldn’t be too surprised if you were beat. The pf action is the issue in this hand. Calling is a big mistake. River is whatever. Probably beat, but it’s one combo

Yea, SB folded on the turn. I had a pretty tight image

You think it’s that bad seeing a cheap multi-way flop with a hand that plays really well multi-way? The table is súper station-y. If I’m reraising I’m very likely getting 1 or 2 callers.

I do think an ABC reg leading that turn into me AND overbet shoving river is kinda interesting with that board

I think at that stack depth all utg limps are bad. Don’t mind raising wheel aces at a low frequency utg.

1 Like

Your hand doesn’t play well multiway. It’s a simple fold, and it’s not particularly close. A2s UTG 9 handed needs a wild set of circumstances to be a call

Like when I see a live utg/ep limp I go “oh, they have a low pair, suited ace or suited connectors but are not confident raising them” then you see what the board texture is and navigate accordingly.

Sometimes something like QJo from a weak passive player, but its just so easy.

I’m not saying it’s great, but I don’t think it’s terrible. There are some awful players in this game who aren’t folding smaller flushes, even for significant amounts of money

I would never limp call this this hand at a more competitive table.

It’s fine to limp suited aces UTG in a limp-y, passive game where you’re not particularly afraid of facing a big raise behind you. This describes a lot of live 1/3 games and some 2/5. It’s not hard to find a decent poker book by a notable author that considers it to be an acceptable play.

1 Like

Sure, if you want to make a bunch of 5/10 plays no one can stop you. But these little mistakes are huge if you’re putting in lots of hours. If you play rarely and just want to play some hands? Np have fun.

Depending on the game, it’s a profitable play, not a mistake. The mistake would be folding in those games.

I’m not going to play live poker to fold a suited wheel ace in a game full of stations. I don’t like limping here though unless I’m going to 3bet.

As played calling and ready to reload.

Edit: if I have a ton of history with someone and literally never seen them do this as a bluff and they are the type to do everything they can to get to show down on scary boards I could maybe find a fold here.

Yea don’t you guys play any games with loose passive donks? You gotta get in there with all your pocket pairs and suited aces. Nobody punishes you for it. It’s not obvious to the donks what you’re doing.

Anyway for the results, I thought this line was just way too out of character for this guy to be a suicide bluff, I really felt like it had to be Q9ss and nothing else and folded.

Jk, I thought for a minute or two, said this hand is fucked up and called. It was Q9ss though. Dumb game.

I honestly think it was a bad call though. Live players are just so predictable

1 Like

People saying don’t play suited aces at this level must be kidding. Should raise though preflop.

UTG, position matters.

Do what y’all want when you’re donking it up. A2s UTG is not a good play.