Poker Hands and Strategy

https://twitter.com/themouthmatusow/status/1419487923179724807

6 Likes

I’m laughing way too hard at this.

1 Like

I saw some live stream a few weeks ago where he won a like 2k pot with Aces and was super happy. Dude is broke.

too bad the libs trying to take #eatacock away.

Watched Dnegs recent video and he mentions when bluffing you want to have antiblockers. I assume this is because you want cards that can make draws (e,g, straight and flush draw cards) in your opponents range so they have something, but not enough to call all bluffs?

Were his comments specific a certain context or about bluffing in general?

I’ve heard that comment in lots of GTO bluffing discussions. That you want anti-blockers like small pairs ect. Want to make sure I understand the concept.

Can’t wait to play live poker again to here people say they had anti blockers

1 Like

If no one answers you in a few days, remind me and I’ll look at the video and figure it out.

It doesn’t matter it’s just something people selling masterclasses or training sites/videos that cost hundreds to thousands of dollars are trying to sell you.

It’s a free video on YouTube. Lol

Also I’ve seen the concept mentioned in several places discussing GTO

Counterpoint:

Free videos on YouTube are offered by many training sites who fetch good money for scrips.

If you already have a firm grasp on your value and bluff frequencies and your considerations on blockers in close spots then anti blockers seems redundant.

1 Like

For the level you seem to be at, the frequency you play and the games you’re in, that kind of stuff just won’t matter Clovis.

Maybe, but understanding the GTO strategy helps understand the value of exploitative deviations.

So, I think you want antiblockers for your river bluffs because you don’t block the hands that can give up on the river which would tilt their range towards having too many bluff-catchers.

In practice, I suppose this means you should be bluffing with the hopeless hands where you barreled a scary turn card.

But I don’t think those are the hands you prefer to bluff with when you have cards to come.

Probably true but I’m still interested to understanding GTO intellectually.

I don’t think it’s just a river concept though.

The more I think about it the more I am pretty sure the concept is by having anti-blockers like 22, it is more likely your opponent has the kinds of cards that could have called preflop and on the flop, like straight and flush draws, but he might also fold on the turn or river.

This is a concept I’ve been intuitively using in PLO a fair amount actually. When my hand is weak, but contains none of the draw cards from the board, I am way more likely to bluff. It’s sort of an extension of the “you can’t win with this hand at showdown so you should increase your bluff frequency” which is an old school poker idea.

I think that’s part of it, and the other part is that you need to stack bluffs so that you have them for all runouts. Like if you’re only using semibluffs with str8 draws and gutshots on straightening boards, or only flush draws on two tone boards then when the draws hit you don’t really have any good bluffing candidates left because you either hit your draw or you have some other type of showdown value from the made hands you were betting. So if you throw in some of those 22/33 other garbage type hands you still have bluffs available to you to balance your range when everything gets there on the turn/river.

1 Like

I made a hero fold today and was wrong. That is not a fun feeling :((