Podcast Thread

Nick is the glue that held that show together. Pretty much every moment of the show that has me dying with laughter involves one of his impersonations.

Haven’t seen much of TAFS. Supposedly they won’t be doing it much longer but who knows.

100% agree

The 40 minute Clapton riff immediately comes to mind

As for me, I’ve been watching the It’s Always Sunny podcast. The show is more free-flowing than the Office Ladies podcast and the chemistry between the main three is really strong. It started off pretty meh but has really improved over the last few months. Very worth watching if you’re an IASIP fan.

2 Likes

Happy “Boogie Nights” Rewatchables Day to those who celebrate. 2-parter clocking in at over 4 hours. I just watched Boogie Nights about a week ago and can’t wait.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve set up my podcast app so that I have a list of subscriptions but manually download episodes from that list and don’t automatically download anything.

For those of you who listen to 5-4, Rhiannon has resigned from her public defender position. It sounds like she was having a pretty rough time, which I can only imagine is incredibly common among PDs.

https://twitter.com/AywaRhiannon/status/1580029819924148224

1 Like

Being a PD seems like a total burnout job.

1 Like

I can’t imagine doing that kind of work unless you had a more lucrative job first, built up a nest egg, and they did the PD work basically as a “charitable” second act of a career. But I imagine it actually attracts a lot of optimistic young people that get crushed by the reality.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1580736837261627392?s=46&t=QdNCPUfKo-4ijxfyfPO4AA

3 Likes

Tucker Carlson go on Chapo

2 Likes

LOL that guy and BigLaw was never gonna work.

holy shit, this is a SEVEN HOUR AND FORTY MINUTE interview with balajis (one of the most obnoxious tech bro VCs out there), literally who is the audience for this?

https://twitter.com/lexfridman/status/1583132909749141518

I am not a patron but I listen to every episode and this has to be the least surprising thing ever. They are genuinely savage towards the courts and legal profession in general. Not too surprising a firm might object.

Hope the podcast keeps going as it is great.

Yeah, it was definitely hard to see how he’d continue in big law. Have the podcast queued up for a run this morning.

I think that guy has the potential to make a lot more in media. His personality and sharpness are exceptional.

1 Like

Wolves Among Us about the dentist / cocaine kingpin was a really good listen!

I would bet Balaji himself listens to this at least 10 times over the next few months.

4 Likes

Peter from 5-4 got fired from his job as an employment lawyer because his company found out he was doing the podcast (took em 2 years lol)

Here’s an interview:

Can’t even begin to imagine how miserable that dude must have been as an employment lawyer at MetLife. This is for the best. Also they’re bringing in $40k a month (and rising) so he should be fine.