Podcast Thread

I gotta be honest though I’ve stopped giving a fuck about the OJ Simpson story. Too much.

The DC Sniper series was great, can highly recommend that.

I just had a dig and YWA Patreon launch:

and…

Feel like this should get me some cred if I ever meet them.

2 Likes

Started listening to you’re wrong about, fantastic so far. I will get to the others as well. Thanks team!

Update: Can’t stop listening to you’re wrong about. So good.

1 Like

Alright so You’re Wrong About is up there with Hardcore History for me. I just plowed through the DC Sniper series which was just fucking incredible.

Any more favorite episodes/series?

I should stop opening this thread or my backlog is gonna get even more ridiculous than it already is :frowning:

1 Like

There’s something about the tempo and audio I’m having a hard time getting past. It almost feels like a Sorkin film in that each sentence is prerecorded and then all edited together. There’s not a natural conversation style. Content is great though. Is this just me?

“Ologies” is a great podcast for understandable content across the spectrum of science.

I mean I get what you’re saying but I’m too enthralled too notice.

If anyone needs a break from nonfiction podcasts, I highly recommend Old Gods of Appalachia. Production quality, storytelling, and acting are all top tier.

I’ve been listening to The Relentless Picnic a fair bit over the last week or two. Themed but quite free-wheeling discussion between three guys, sometimes a little shapeless but enjoyable. Seemingly since the lockdowns started they’ve been doing this series ‘The Cabin’, riffing on Thoreau, the Unabomber and I assume other recluses and simple-life aficionados.

Echo goofyballer on most of those, although I had no interest in listening to Princess Diana. The Crack Babies episode was really good, too. I was going to write that I enjoyed it, but that’s not the right verb at all.

1 Like

Just a brutal fact pattern in this week’s 5-4.

The GOP’s unapologetic support of campus rapists shouldn’t surprise me, but it is so incredibly heinous.

Was surprised zero to learn Peter went to a top law school, that dude is brilliant.

So I tried to listen to Jay & Miles X-Plain The X-Men and it’s really good to get into the context of specific arcs, deep dives into dusty corners of comics, etc, but their patter is pretty repetitive and their humor just isn’t my kind of humor. They’ll have 10 or so strikes before hitting one out of the park, so I find myself skipping around to go to the important arcs

But Cerebro is a good laid back podcast where the host picks one character and has a guest on to discuss the character.

Magneto?

The main point I took was you constitution is just awful and it’s obsession with state rights is beyond idiotic.

2 Likes

ok clovis moving back up the power rankings

2 Likes

Just listened to 5 hours of podcast about princess diana and I loved it.

wtf

1 Like

I’ll never understand why people care at all about the royal family.

2 Likes

It’s even more absurd if you live for any amount of time in the UK.

Holy shit.

The latest episode of Knowledge Fight has one of the most absurdly racist screeds I’ve ever heard