Please Apply the Rules Fairly

oh sorry one last btw before this inevitably gets nuked, FOOD FOR THOUGHT FROM YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD DISGRACED ADMIN:

mods can read pm’s. if another mod flags a PM, until that flag is dealt with, everyone on staff can read it. Given that there were some rather… unscrupulous mods in the recent-ish past that were very willing to abuse their powers, not gonna name names here, you might uhh, want to encrypt your PM’s. it just takes one person flagging a PM and boom everyone on staff can read it.

What’s your health issue?

Lol, Senor “Let’s not permaban anyone” Keeed all aboard the permaban train when it’s not a captain.

Jmakin was never permabanned. Keeed, if you want him permabanned, I suggest you start an RFC just like one was created for Churchill. Then you and all of the anti perma-ban captains can come back in to vote for a permaban.

He was - read the thread. I’ve posted the link to when he was perma’d.

He was permabanned via an RFC process and/or community poll, or some mod just nuked his gimmick account?

Jman, excellent posts. Thank you for your contributions

1 Like

Good point! The rules say that a self-banned user can request to be unbanned. @JonnyA sure seems like Jmakin wants his main account unbanned. You should go ahead and do that, and then Keeed can feel free to start a poll to ban him.

it’s fairly complicated and all intertwined, I have had IBS/Crohn’s for a very long time. I get malnourished quite easily, as I’ve stated before I struggle with what I’ve learned is essentially untreatable chronic depression.

back in feb I had a pretty gnarly series of events happen and got very ill, physically and mentally. my body started shutting down from what was a fucking sinus infection at first. It just wouldnt go away, and the main symptoms had even passed for a while, but weird crap started happening like increasingly confusing memory issues, total lapses, hard to explain stuff, like I’d be forgetting my address and crap.

well i go get a cat scan and it was scary because it lit up and they thought maybe massive meningioma. it wasnt that, the sinus infection had spread throughout my brain (aided by a severe vitamin D3 deficiency) all the way to my brain stem. They gave me the nuclear option antibiotics that are typically used to treat crap like plague and TB, because it’s a little dangerous and can cause nerve damage among a ton of other crap.

Well, that worked fine i think, but I did get nerve damage in random areas in my legs. whatever i’ll live. the hard thing though has been due to my osteoarthritis and some other genetic condition that is requiring me to have a full knee replacement at 33 (still pending, thanks covid) that causes me debilitating pain even on most days, the side effect of this one antibiotic is that it tricks your immune system into attacking joints/tendons sometimes. so now i get a new level of pain that i dont know when it will end that isnt really treatable. i cant and wont take pain meds.

on top of all this, still the severe depression, even moving around most days is very difficult, keeping on weight has been hard, sleep has been rough, this stupid infection even spread into an abscessed tooth and eventually my jaw, which required 10k+ of treatment to correct.

everything’s kinda rough and horrible right now so I am definitely not trying to start crap, believe me, i just found it a bit helpful to post in some pet topics i like, but now it’s clear i cant do that so i will not.

2 Likes

Please volunteer for the next mod rotation

1 Like

It’s disappointing you seem unable to extend the same latitude and sympathy that is afforded to you here on a daily basis.

Gotcha, the reason I asked was because I remember randomly reading a post from you about having a song stuck in your head that was literally driving you crazy. I had a rough spat about 6ish years ago and I remember constantly having a song in ky head when I woke up that stayed with me for most of the day. It turned out to be the case, for me at least, that I wasn’t eating enough and was drinking wayyy too much alcohol. Once I was able to overcome that, the music went away. I don’t recall if I ever responded to that post from you so here it is, lol.

1 Like

You’re just making this up. I never said “Let’s not permaban anyone”.

Have you been tested for Celiac? Please forgive me if that seems obvious but it runs in my family and is often misdiagnosed.

My mom’s wasn’t diagnosed until she had a endoscopy.

1 Like

In the same way that you never said Russia wouldn’t invade and attempt to conquer Ukraine I guess.

1 Like

I did say that I thought Russia wouldn’t invade Ukraine! I never denied saying that I thought Russia wouldn’t invade? Like what the fuck are you talking about guy?

Stop. Now.

I have gone ahead and started the RFC to ban Jmakin as he is a self-banned, and not permanently banned user. (His gimmicks have obviously been nuked by moderators without any formal process, which of course is completely within the rules). He will now have the same procedural rights as Churchill did.

Here’s the RFC: RFC: Permaban Jmakin?

1 Like

jman, he was permanently banned for threatening another user. @otatop – is that correct?

I believe that @otatop nuked a gimmick on the grounds that he threatened another user. I do not believe that there was ever an RFC, or that there was ever a poll where 60 percent of the forum voted in favor of his main account being banned. @otatop is that correct?

1 Like

Fair enough. That is the proper process.

I will note that my warning was not to stop this process/discussion but the petty bickering with Keeed about completely unrelated issues.

1 Like