Please Apply the Rules Fairly

Hi @JonnyA . I don’t know who you are really, and I apologize for that.I guess you are the mod here now. I appreciate you are just trying to do what is almost certainly a miserable job, and I’m quite happy to fuck off if the community decides that.

However I want to clarify and explain a few things both about myself and this situation, because there has been quite a bit of cowardly lying and rewriting of events, I see a lot of people even changed screen names and crap, so pardon me for possibly not understanding the last ~1 year of crap here, I couldnt be bothered to keep up with it, seemed like much more of the same.

ANYWAY I was not banned. I requested a self ban after my series of mistakes which I have publicly apologized and explained many times across different websites now. It isnt worth rehashing to me. It felt at that time I needed to go so I self banned because my mental state was not good at all, even more than I let on, and I didnt feel I could handle a community RFC vote to ban me, which I truly felt would be too volatile and hard to read and watch play out.

Then much later you guys implemented a rule that banned posters cannot post anymore or something ever again. That was after my self ban, look it up. had I known that would somehow disqualify me from ever posting here again, I’d have just let it play out with a formal ban.

This rule isnt even being consistently applied either. @anon38180840 still posts here and he was actually actually banned. Pretty sure there’s some other examples. Several self-perma’d people still post here I believe, or did at one point after their self-perma.

So like, if I’m some exception, go ahead and formalize it, because this is a little bullshit.

I feel obligated to give a life update because people here are tremendously unempathetic and forget there’s an actual human on the other side of the screen sometimes. My health is completely failing. I was very near death at several points in the last 6 months. My mental state isnt great. Things are trending a little better but the prognosis still isnt even that great honestly even with the rosiest glasses on. I found out I am a bit on the spectrum as well, so I am trying to navigate my personal relationships a bit more tactfully, and realized (due to people reaching out to me many times and maintaining friendships from here with several people) that yea, I would like to post in a few threads here. I didnt out myself because I didn’t want to cause disruption. I understand this may cause disruption, so if it is better for the community to ask me to leave, go ahead and I will. But you’re not gonna just push me out with some bullshit, and quite frankly, if I want to post here I can and I will, and it’s going to create a headache for everyone. This isn’t a threat, more of a statement that like, software or IP bans arent gonna do crap for me if I actually want to make posts here. Hell I’m pretty sure I have a site backup or three laying around somewhere, if I wanted to reverse engineer this entire fucking website I can. I dont want to though, I’m impossibly lazy, sick, frail, and tired, so maybe just fuking let me post in the golf thread and leave me be.

This has chased me around multiple sites now and I’m quite irritated about it, and due to my ASD and other stuff I have extreme difficulty regulating my emotions when I get riled, so I apologize.

Good day. If you move or delete this post before people can see it or nuke this account I’m just going to keep repeating it.

2 Likes

Did you apologize to Victor for threatening him via PM?

I believe I posted publicly about this. lots of my posts about it were purged edited or moved. I dont believe what I sent him was a threat, but it definitely was not okay and I take full responsibility and apologize for it.

to offer a bit of an explanation for that behavior, there has been a fair amount of bullying and harassment aimed towards me across multiple sites and platforms targetting my mental health, which irks me because I share about it to try to help both myself and others and reduce stigma.

of course that doesn’t make it okay but you’re utterly delusional or lying if you dont think people have been making actual threats or harassing me for almost a year now.

Oh, sorry, publicly threatening Victor. Who’s been threatening you?

lots of it is anonymous because many of you are cowards at heart. I do not really keep close track of it because it has been quite distressing to think about sometimes. I’ve had people fucking w one of my mailing addresses. weird spoofed phone calls. my employer did get contacted at least once, which has happened a long time ago as well. i got chased out of 2p2 due to some frankly pretty ridiculous falsehoods that I wasnt even allowed to refute. people claiming im faking my mental health issues (lol? this is so utterly absurd it tells me that people are 10000% trolling with malicious intent). I cant even imagine the shit said in your private forum or the TL3 hidden forum here, im so glad I cant and wont read that stuff.

again, formally ban me and ask me to leave and I will. dont hide behind your typical bullshit. be a man.

I am not taking a position on this, but just to make the record clear (or at least my current understanding - I could be getting this wrong as I was not involved in any of it but tried to piece it together myself before acting):

1. Jmakin requested a self-ban.
  2. He returned at some point as luckiestmanalive
  3. He sent PMs on 2+2 to Victor that were abusive (I have not seen the PM’s)
  4. His new account was perma’d
  5. He created the darth_brooks account and began posting on that

You were formally banned after you wrote those threats to Victor.

The PM was sent on another site which I was moderated for. I dont believe I was given any kind of reason for the ban here. if you want to formally ban me for actions on that site, go ahead I guess. just want to post in the golf thread because frankly you guys arent 1/1000th as interesting or smart as you imagine you are and it is incredibly cringy (w some outliers like riverman).

like, ok? this is a bit pedantic. i can come back on any kind of username and you’d never know, lol. like what mechanism is in place here? again though if the community has decided they dont want me here, then I dont want to be here. if that is not the case though, I’m gonna do what I please.

Yeah man, you were banned after you threatened Victor, it was logged, everyone was all like well seems reasonable. So hit the bricks I guess?

Fuck off Keed. What happened to being anti-ban

3 Likes

16 Likes

sorry, you arent mod anymore, which btw i couldnt be bothered to follow closely but from what i did hear it um, didnt go well?

Against bans for making threats? Of course not.

If Ikes can rehabilitate his posting image anyone can. But he didn’t come back and try to reopen the easiest recession evar topic. We’re all socially awkward dudes to some extent that’s why we take our social interaction with stabilisers on by posting on a message board. But if you want to come back just to get involved with old beefs people are gonna rightly wonder what’s the upside? If you feel like blogging to “real” people and getting some of that human feedback helps you in some way I think you should 100% go for it. I think banning people is real dumb. But if I was in charge (thank god I’m not) my condition would be you perma ignore the 5-10 people who annoy/upset you the most and have zero interaction with them. No replies no PM’s not even a snide sideways comment. Just interact with people you like and who like you.

4 Likes

@JonnyA look man, I respect your role here and am not gonna cause any problems for you. Trust me when I say though even the bullet points you listed are not the actual way it played out. I cant remember but I know all my accounts got nuked due to an IP lookup around the time Keed or one of the dumbass captains were mods, and the reason was “previously banned account” (the self ban).

So like, from what I gather, we dont even really have a way to perma people, so if I am somehow some exception and am banned for the PM (totally reasonable honestly) let’s make that clear and have a way to make that transparent and consistent, because good grief you guys are a total disaster.

see ya

1 Like

I didnt come back to do this. i didnt out myself or tell anyone who i was. this thread is a reaction to the sudden random ban of @darth_brooks (which funny is cited as “not being from the captains” but since the mod doesnt even know about that drama to even figure out that relationship, it almost had to come from them, but whatever) I do not want to talk about this or beef with anyone, I’m not sure why that’s the impression.

Go look at my posts on that account. Other than the specific topics of interests I was posting about, even my own friends werent entirely sure it was me, so it’s not like I just blasted to the world who I was nor did I desire to be outed really (but i certainly wasnt gonna hide either).

So this doesnt feel fair to me, but whatever.

3 Likes

Was there an RFC vote?

2 Likes

Dunno, I am against RFCs though.

Then that was a really dumb ban imo

1 Like