Phil Galfond High Stakes Challenge

Two of the best players in the world has to be like 99.9% random walk right?

Is anyone who knows anything about HU PLO (blogger, w/e) actually watching to see if they think Phil has changed his game, adjusted, etc?

Assuming they’re pretty evenly skilled then 25k hands doesn’t tell us all that much. I think psychology plays a pretty big role as sometimes you can get your opponent to crack. Props to Phil for knowing when to step back, take a break and come back with a fresh mindset.

A little more than 5000 hands left to play

https://twitter.com/Donnie_Peters/status/1243979287931179009?s=19

Will be interesting to see what happens if Veni is up like 155k w/1k hands left and could just fold his way to a win.

I can’t see this happening given how high profile this has been. 200k isn’t life changing money on either side form what I gather so I suspect they play it out for the glory on either side.

One player to a hand, sir… :) :heart_eyes:

https://twitter.com/PhilGalfond/status/1244307650185027584?s=19

Phil up 100k this session so far. Only down 51k for the challenge. :astonished:

Phil in the green for the challenge wowowowow

2 Likes

This is insane.

Ended down about 30k which is one pot. Most amazing come back ever in poker. Period.

Is it completely over? Or did you mean he ended up down at the end of today and there are still some hands left?

Day. Still 5k of 25k hands.

1 Like

my theory is vinividi is in a medically induced coma for coronavirus and his flatmates were like ‘we can do it, we just need to survive 15k hands with a 1m dollar lead’.

it’s plausible.

3 Likes

My theory is LOLMAHA and swongs are one thing

2 Likes

Catching up on DAT Poker Podcast, which I normally listen to while driving to the poker room. Today I learned that when Galfond was at his lowest, Daniel Negreanu made a bet giving his co-hosts 100-1 on a Galfond comeback. I think they only bet something like five bucks.

Yep, as I mentioned above, these swings wouldn’t even move the needle that much for me playing a fairly snug style in 6-max PLO so I can’t imagine the types of swongs possible for 2 aggro HU players.

At the time of this posting, Phil is in the green total at +€2504.92.

Absolutely epic comeback whatever happens.

(21418 hands out of 25k)

1 Like

What’s his hourly rate?

Unreal. Just unreal.