Phil Galfond High Stakes Challenge

It was a four outer, Phil had an open-ended straight flush draw too.

1 Like

Yea missed that.

hmmm yeah looking at the board it probably makes no difference shoving because no better hand is folding

He also had a open-ended straight-flush draw since the flop.

1 Like

Man that was fun.

The rest of the challengers must be a little worried.

Final hand: Twitch

The magic number is something they almost certainly were both aware of after every single hand down the stretch, either mentally or with a running tally. Vedi likely took a break to think about the optimal strategy for the situation. It seemed like he started nitting it up a bit too early, and Phil clearly has more experience in mtt-style high leverage scenarios like this.

I think it’s because the tally was a minute or more behind. If they thought they were close to the magic number, they had to wait for the tally to catch up to see exactly where they were at.

I’m sure they were keeping their own tally.

Phil said one of the long breaks was to make sure the tally was accurate.

If Phil doesn’t hit boat on river, betting would probably be different. Regardless, I think PG was up close to 2k at that point, so I don’t think it would have been quite enough for Ven to lock it up if he won.

But the big question is does Phil still bomb the river? I guess he already had a flush so no he probably checks behind.

Straight flush over quads would have been so sick.

Who won?

And Jman28 is awesome and not a cheater.

Ah crap - I saw the diamond S/F draw board.

Try this: Twitch

2 Likes

I dunno I Would really like to know what he does if it’s blank on river. enjoyed watching the end of this match because so many different things going on. The strangest thing to me was that I was watching a heads up plo match in 2020, weird year it is.

For once, the good guys.

Summary

jman

Phil starts his challenge versus Perkins today.
https://twitter.com/PhilGalfond/status/1250061236756197380

What a beast!

1 Like

Wonder why it’s on Partypoker and not Phil’s site?

This is so fucking good with them on the phone. Man this is such fun poker to watch I can’t work even though I should be.