Outing Posters' Previous User Names poll in Post 125

I agree in principle but there should be exceptions allowed besides gimmicks, e.g. someone wants to post something very personal without connecting that to their primary account.

3 Likes

I think if you create another account and act like a reasonable poster it’s likely nobody ever notices and nobody every gives a shit. If you show up and immediately troll and act like a dickhead you should have no reasonable expectations other than no personal info being shared and not being outed IRL.

It’s silly we have any concern at all about spilling the beans regarding which former dickhead on this site the current dickhead on this site happens to be.

(However, I don’t think we should out current users as former 2+2 users without their permission.)

4 Likes

Completely agree with all this.

Slamdunk yes.

3 Likes

+1

Dunno. Rules suck huh?

If Arby is a digusting SOB, then why not just permaban them or give them the choice? What purpose does it serve to say who they are?

1 Like

Well spill the beans man.

1 Like

On this forum? Who was it?

1 Like

Would just the Arby account be banned or all of the user’s accounts under your proposal?

I agree with microbet’s thoughts here. If new poster X is a shitty poster and an admin has reason to determine (via IP address) that new poster X is actually old shitty poster Y, I don’t see that as any reason to disclose that X=Y.

X should be banned for being a shitty poster (and given no benefit of the doubt due to being Y). Many forums give a shorter “leash” for new posters and/or previously banned posters. Same idea here.

1 Like

Does their name rhyme with “Parkscan”?

What are you saying about nnuenuhi!

We know you are juan valdez

:partying_face:

2 Likes

Well, shit, if there’s some good reason why this person should be revealed and not banned, maybe they should be revealed. Maybe they’re using this account to scam people or threatening people. There could be reasons. Maybe this is one of those times you break a rule like protecting privacy and just ask forgiveness? Hard to be sure in the dark here.

Permabanning Arby and all of their accounts and doing it on sight for the rest of time seems like no big loss here though - so if that’s at all reasonable, it’s better imo.

I’d have to know who the accounts are. If you were one of the accounts and we found you were banned in the Arby banning, I wouldn’t protest. If someone I liked were banned, I guess I’d have to look at some of Arby’s posts and see what was up.

And it’s not really that I don’t like you as much as I think it sucks that you’re some long time 2p2er and won’t say who you were.

1 Like

These people inevitably say lots of dumb shit then try to run away from it with a new account. People should be responsible for the totality of their posting, not just clean slating it until the hit a new ban mark.

If you are advocating all secondary, non gimmick, accounts are instabanned then I agree with you. If you are in favor of waiting for each new iteration of a bad poster has to cross some line to get banned again, I am vehemently against it.

It is very simple for me. It should be one person, one account. That keeps everybody on the same page. If someone gets banned, they can never come back like a 22 zombie.

If someone wants to distance themselves from their past posting they should start posting better on their one account. It is then up to audience if they get cut a break. We are not dealing with pre teens here. Everyone is allegedly an adult. If someone can not accept responsibility for their own posting history they don’t need to participate here at all.

I agree with the sentiment that outing people across sites is not okay. If someone came here with a different name than on 22 I don’t care. But they are going to own everything they say here.

3 Likes

So you going to spill the beans on which posters toothy argues with constantly are actually himself?

I definitely think all accounts under a multi account issue should be permanent banned and all new related accounts are insta banned as well.

Perhaps we can offer a one time safe haven where anyone who has done this in the past can come totally clean and pick one name to go forward with (after disclosing them all). But I am fully zero tolerance policy on this outside of joke gimmicks because there are zero reasons this should be happening.

After suffering a decade plus of nonsense because of stuff like this, everyone here should be more aware than most on the negatives.

3 Likes

I’m essentially never interested in what randoms have to say. If someone posts for a while they may work their way into not being random with me, but if I wanted to talk to randoms I guess I’d do this on Twitter. If they have some interesting post, feel free to let me know, but I’m not interested in getting to know them at this point.

I’m in agreement with this.

I don’t know why anyone would want more than one active account other than to confuse people (apart from obvious troll accounts for everyone’s amusement).

The first thing I found weird about 2-2 was how a poster could get banned one minute and reappear under a new account the next. It’s totally illogical.

3 Likes