On the Origins of Covid

No I’m not and it doesn’t sound like that. That’s really dumb of you to say. It’s like you haven’t followed any of this, but I know that you have.

2 Likes

Some posters were implying that the “wet markets in China are different” i.e unregulated.

Edit: When the wt market discussions went a bit of the map that’s when I bowed out of the Covid-19 thread & it was around that time @CaffeineNeeded started posting regularly itt.

Probably around September last year.

Not that I’m implying that Caffine was a part of that discussion at the time, as I remember he wasn’t.

Then apologies, but the shot at my honesty is bullshit and I still have no idea what you’re talking about

Wet markets in China are different somehow. You cannot dismiss the fact that this is their second novel coronavirus outbreak in 17 or so years. I can’t claim to be an expert in exactly how, but having it happen twice like that is not something that can be dismissed as a coincidence.

A little misunderstanding here from me I think in communicating.

I’m more for the wet Market theory than the Lab theory, in my honest opinion I think the lab theory is reckless & I’m fully aware who started in and that my/the UK PM is pushing it also and I want no part of that theory.

When posters pushed back on the wet Markets in China they themselves got abusive/rude posts directed at them & all I wanted to know was what exactly was a wet market.

In finding out that thetly are standard butchers in a market selling fresh meat I found it abhorrent that American were pushing the narrative that there wet markets are worse of than any others in the world, which is not the case, so I bowed out at that point and only search for relevant information to me as I’m still working full time since this pandemic started including lockdown to take staff to work and earn a wage.

I agree that the wet markets are probably the main sourse, @Trolly is who I trusted here from the start along with @Danspartan.

I didn’t believe the lab theory had any legs until this last week & tbh I don’t think it makes a difference in regards to how we get rid of it & see it as a blame game.

1 Like

The main source is probably some farm outside the city, tbh.

1 Like

The funny thing is I told my dad we would have a serious pandemic on our hands from China after the 1st one and my reasoning was air travel and a lack of government attention.

And Boom!!! We got Boris and Trump when it landed. They thought I was paranoid.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned it in previous posts on 2/2 and it was dismissed. Thanks Obama.

Yeah this, it was the exotic animals talk that put me off the thread last year, as if poor people could not cook a meal due to our concerns.

Sure, there’s possibly an evolutionary fear like we have of spiders, snakes etc - even some gargoyles look like bats’ faces (though when they open their mouths they are ugly fuckers, it must be said).

They are not “standard” butchers in the sense of what we think of, as they butcher a far wider set of animals than what we think of. Those wider set of animals are all potential reservoirs or intermediaries of transmission that generally don’t exist elsewhere

Hmmmm ok. Being nocturnal and humans’ natural fear of the rural night probably makes a big difference. There’s probably more than one thing at play.

Right, it for sure isn’t a coincidence. It’s either through a similar wildlife/food animal crossover or its from hunting for and then studying novel coronavirus in the lab, an activity that increased dramatically after the SARS epidemic. Either way, it isn’t coincidental.

Have other coronaviruses ever infected lab workers? Why yes, yes they have. SARS infected lab workers four different times:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2003/09/singapore-man-acquired-sars-government-lab-panel-says

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2003/12/taiwanese-sars-researcher-infected

1 Like

This is not the strong point you think it is. Your continued harping on this subject belongs on zerohedge not here

Your standard tactic of not bothering to discuss any points or make any arguments followed by a no content smear. Yawn.

1 Like

Is there proof that these workers got sick in the lab? Scientists go to wet markets too, you know.

I’m not beholden to take your nonsense seriously. The relevant scientific parts of this conversation have already been had. You’re trying to support the lab outbreak hypothesis with an outbreak of a known contagion within a lab, something that has happened many times before. Notably, no one is aware of any novel pathogen ever being sourced from a lab and the same pathogen you’re referencing is very similar to SARS-Covid-2 which came from bats.

Frankly, I shouldn’t be wasting my time with a dishonest, uneducated and obviously not here to learn person like you. This is day five of you posting straight up garbage. Yesterday you went all in on them finding the animal right away when new literature showed they didn’t find it until 2017. You should be embarrassed, but you don’t seem capable of it.

2 Likes

We already did this thread once.

@beetlejuice @beetlejuice @beetlejuice

2 Likes

Maybe they have a wet market in their lab? It would be very convenient.

1 Like