On the Origins of Covid

Not sure if serious.

1 Like

US c/o Donnie bailed from the WHO about the same time (suspicious) but, yah, sure the US would be open arms for the WHO to come take a look - might help the US find their ground zero case becuase I havenā€™t heard of much US investigation in this regard.

I think the Italians and possibly France have found covid in sewage samples taken Nov 2019.

All did go quiet on those mysterious early cases in WA.

Of course not, the WHO isnā€™t going to want to do the investigation because itā€™s based on Chinese government propaganda and the WHO arenā€™t morons. I was pointing out that Churchill is credulously posting Chinese government propaganda as if it has any basis in reality.

1 Like

No fucking shit. Itā€™s like when a whistleblower gets smeared by the people they are blowing the whistle in.

2 Likes

Right but in this analogy you are the person smearing the whistleblower?

Governments lie. The Chinese govt is almost certainly just saying that as an attempt to deflect, but weā€™d try to lie just the same. No one anywhere in the chain of responsibility there or here in the past, present, or future is likely to goā€¦ā€œYeah, we might have screwed up and killed a few million people.ā€

1 Like

I doubt weā€™ll ever find the ā€œground zeroā€ case in the US. If the WHO hasnā€™t been allowed to study this, thatā€™s news to me.

I figured you were partly just devilā€™s advocating because you like to do that (I do too)/hate most of the people here, but starting to wonder if you arenā€™t just wanting to hate on China. Not saying Asians or anything racial, but the government. Of course their government sucks. So does ours and so does the UKā€™s.

TBF Keeed has held this position since the start, the WHO report is news of the day and theyā€™re not ruling anything out.

The US propaganda machine (Twitter) is keen to fuel this part of the investigation for whatever reason. Redifeld needs a book deal or something. Many must have been brainwashed by the ā€˜China Virusā€™ label but not Keeed.

1 Like

This is a lie. I never said scientists were covering anything up or lying or anything like that. I simply was making the point that scientists who were involved in the sort of virology research that might have lead to a lab leak would have powerful biases in the direction that research was safe and couldnā€™t possibly be the cause of the pandemic. Itā€™s human nature.

Youā€™re a liar and this sort of shouting down people in a discussion forum is idiotic.

7 Likes

Appreciate you saving anyone from having to look back through your posts. Iā€™ll note that you went much further than this as well. Youā€™re not a grown up in this conversation. You wouldnā€™t be shouted down if you participated in discussion honestly.

Of course.

The US and the UK have far more open societies, more powerful and independent presses, and have some level of accountability for their elected officials. Iā€™m not saying that the US or UK government are good, but I do think that the authoritarian Chinese government is worse. And the US and Chinese states are probably the least susceptible to diplomatic pressure because theyā€™re so powerful, which makes it even worse.

when?

How am I being dishonest?

Presently yes, but on the current trajectory weā€™re on course to reach China/Russia levels in about 20 years.

1 Like

Some people are probably approaching this from the perspective that not shouting down people in a discussion forum leads to a blossoming of viewpoints like 9/11 trutherism. Whether your particular viewpoint can lead to something similar is, I suppose, debatable but it should be expected that someone like you will get serious pushback in a left-leaning forum aghast at a world that contains truthers, birthers, and QAnon.

Maybe thereā€™s someone who can make the points you want to make, but in this particular place on the internet, given your track record, that person is probably not you.

1 Like

You should come up with a list of approved viewpoints that should be safe for me to opine on.

4 Likes

Just talk about the opposite of what Glenn Greenwald talks about. Should be safe.

2 Likes

Given that youā€™re hiding who you are, you probably shouldnā€™t talk about peopleā€™s track records. Not really fair. (Iā€™m like 85% sure I know who you are though)

Man, this thread used to be cool. Now weā€™re talking about conspiracies, regional biases, grudges from previous message board incarnations. Cmon guys, canā€™t we focus on how weā€™re all fucked and about to run out of toilet paper?

5 Likes

Itā€™s possible to live a life without toilet paper.

1 Like