On the morality of doxxing shitty cops using violence against innocent civilians

My point is that adding the result of a google search is meaningless and it’s either stupidity or bad faith to make that the line where you quit the forum.

And I haven’t taken any pro-doxxing position.

I was wondering about that, I’ve never seen that.

I have seen name and city. To be fair though I probably have watched less than 10 hours of local news in my lifetime excluding when I was a kid and would watch the Sunday night extended sports show.

Obviously better for accused with no power. The problem is that some people would never even be investigated if it weren’t for a public outcry.

1 Like

In addition, how safe would it be if the State could snatch you off the street and not have to make public the fact that you were even arrested?

1 Like

Is the state compelled to make that public? I don’t think they are and like with those Chicago Police black sites that have been discussed, I don’t think they release the info when it doesn’t suit their purposes.

I’m not so sure. Intent matters. The only reason to post the address is if you want people to know where he lives. The only reason you want people to know where he lives is so they can harass or do harm to him.

I don’t think that distinction is stupid or bad faith.

Edit: I don’t think how easy it is to obtain that information is has any relevance to the discussion.

Whatever was going on with those black sites must have been illegal (I know, LOL), but I have no idea if these prisoners were put into the system or not.

I mean, they could certainly could have faced charges without anyone in power caring about any stops they made along the way to or from the precinct.

Still, are cops required to make arrests public now?

You’re right, we’re busy trying to win instead of intellectually masturbating over philosophical questions

Hilarious that this conversation is what reminds you of it, and not the cops being at open war with the American people and making clear that if you don’t 100% defer to them your life has no value.

1 Like

If you’re trying to win you should probably think about these things ahead of time.

Yes, that 4-5 post exchange between posters reminded me of that.

I’m not sure how someone could be arrested and there legally be no trace of it, at least with respect to state or local charges.

Jman or a lawbro could answer better, but I don’t see how someone can be legally arrested in secret (not counting Federal level Patriot Act bullshit).

Home address of a shitty person responsible for police violence against innocent people:

1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington D.C. 20500

10 Likes

We weren’t talking about secrets though - talking about public notification/doxxing. Supposedly you get your phone call/right to see a lawyer. Someone who is arrested could supposedly publicize their arrest on their own if they care to and have the means.

Look at who gave all the military weapons to the police. They were going to do their violence regardless of whether or not Trump was in office.

Many of those people lived at the same address tho.

Hmm…seems like some people are moving along on the “Abolish the Police” front…maybe it is time for me to move on to “Abolish the State”.

3 Likes

Do some of you guys realize that trying to dox cops is far from something new?

Some mentally ill dumbass is going to get killed trying to go vigilante on a decoy address.

Or will get killed because, as has happened hundreds of times, people have called the cops because they don’t know how to handle a mentally ill person, and the cops “solved the problem” with violence, because that’s all they know