Omnibus January 6 Insurrectionist Thread

You’re giving up on Merrick already?

https://twitter.com/spiroagnewghost/status/1540008044355956737?s=21&t=P_Fclfee6Y27iFcOeNGDaQ

2 Likes

From a friend’s post on FB:

So I am shopping with [her son] and he’s trying on some clothes. There’s a woman there and we are chatting. She asks if [son] is my only child. I say no. I tell her I have a 16 year old daughter. She says, “Wow. Aren’t you happy to be raising a teenager in todays world?” (insert a hint of sarcasm). I nod knowingly and say, “Not these days”. She agrees and says, “it’s almost criminal what’s happening” I again nod in agreement and say, “it is criminal”. She then says, “January 6th just didn’t go far enough. Well, have a nice weekend and a happy 4th of July”. Me still standing there wondering how In hell I just had a conversation with someone while talking totally different things.

4 Likes

we … got him?

2 Likes

609ca49f-70a3-4749-9c4f-2c58609c5610_text

16 Likes

:coolbiden:

Is it Dan Quayle?

Its going to be Hunter Biden isn’t it

9 Likes

I mean wtf knows but I would like it to be this douche.

https://twitter.com/fred_guttenberg/status/1541518022099222529?s=20&t=f0-kUPBsWVSYKT_Pi_wvKg

First rule of trial prep is don’t put anyone on the stand unless you know what they’re going to say. Meadows is too much of a wildcard imo.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1541544623570669568?t=Q0SDny3inHs0Bvh-L5HHkQ&s=19

Federal agents armed with a search warrant have seized the phone of John Eastman, a lawyer who advised former President Donald J. Trump on a key element of the effort to overturn the results of the 2020 election, according to court filing by Mr. Eastman on Monday.

The filing, a motion to recover property from the government, said that F.B.I. agents in New Mexico, acting on behalf of the Department of Justice’s Office of the Inspector General, stopped Mr. Eastman as he was leaving a restaurant last Wednesday and seized his iPhone. A copy of the warrant included as an exhibit in Mr. Eastman’s filing said that the phone would be taken to the inspector general’s forensic lab in Northern Virginia.

The seizure of Mr. Eastman’s phone is the latest evidence that the Justice Department is intensifying its criminal investigation into the various strands of Mr. Trump’s efforts to remain in power after he was defeated for re-election.

4 Likes

Do they really expect to find anything incriminating on it 18 months later?

Surely they can get deleted texts with a warrant?

Zero chance this dumb fuck used encryption.

Maybe. If he is dumb enough to still have the same phone in the first place.

There’s an interesting story in a recent New Yorker about a CIA hacker that got arrested for leaking to Wikileaks. A funny part of the story is how he repeatedly had encryption on his devices, but wrote all his passwords down in his personal notebooks. So they seized all his devices and his notebooks and just had access to everything, lol.

1 Like

Rumor on twitter is Hope Hicks.

then there’s this

Neither of whom really makes me hopeful

I can’t imagine a single thing that could come out that would surprise me or be politically meaningful.

off the top of my head, the only person it could be that would make me actually surprised or give any new info that could blow people’s minds would be Justice Kennedy.

But 99.999% it’s not him, so yeah.

We got him! (him = John Eastman whose name I could not have come up with for $1 million and will be a convenient fall guy)

1 Like