**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Watery I assume

The punchline is

They are both fucking close to water.

5 Likes

my guess about these signs attempting to shame bad humans into not leaving their dogs’ poop bags all over the place is that they don’t work. If shame worked they wouldn’t be leaving their poop bags to begin with. We’re actually amazingly lucky that they bother to put the poop into the bags rather than just leaving it wherever the dog poops.

1 Like

Wait, are people bagging poop and just leaving the bag there? What kind of halfassed shit is this?

4 Likes

Set up camera, save the dog shit, wait for said people and when their dog takes a shit and they try to leave, tackle them and smear the dog shit all over their faces.

Have accomplices near by take pictures of the person after they get up with dogshit all over their face take pictures of them and post it all over the internet saying you saw them eating dogshit.

My friend wanted me to check out this science of well-being course. Ok whatever I’ll look at some videos and read some stuff but I’m not doing homework.

One of the videos was this:

The one big interesting takeaway for me is how much he thinks spending time in flow state is important to happiness (in addition to stuff you’d expect like experiencing/savoring pleasure and joy, and living a meaningful life - dedicated to something higher than yourself).

I never really thought of it like that. But being in flow state is definitely the reason I like computer programming, and it has been basically the perfect career for me. When I first taught myself to code - 8 hours would go by in an instant. It’s also why I’ve been completely miserable when I’ve had very little to do. I missed the flow. I’ve quit 2 jobs when there was nothing to do, even though I was working from home full time and could do whatever I want.

The ramifications of that are interesting too. He gives an example of a guy who time stops for when he plays in a 10-day bridge tournament. But the whole time he’s basically emotionally dead. Even though the guy doesn’t outwardly seem happy, he’s fulfilled. This also is exactly how I come off if someone tries to talk to me when I am wracked in solving a coding problem - completely flat affect, like a robot. I used to joke that I am in the computer, and I can’t talk now. Normies don’t understand.

Apparently just stopping time for a while, as flow does, is as good as actively feeling joy. Which means normal daily life is, in fact, suffering.

That’s also why writing is so hard for me. It’s completely night and day as far as getting into flow state - pure grind. Based on the way writers talk about writing, I suspect this is a normal condition. However once I have a decent first draft of something and I start revising, then I can totally get into flow state refining it. For some reason that’s not torture.

8 Likes

I’ve got a major shit problem with dogs around here but how the F can I seriously ask these 80 year old to even attempt to bend down and pick up their dogs shit, seriously there’s about 10 of them just wandering about with “Scotty” the shiter. :rofl:

1 Like

There’s a big chunk of people who somehow manage to do the dumbest possible thing all the time.

Best part is it takes the same effort and is actually worse than just leaving it.

If you kick the walker out from under them then they’ll be down on the ground where they can reach the poop.

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Like, with poop in the bags? That’s weird.

On my regular trail there is a place where people tie empty poop bads to a wire fence, we put them there so if somebody needs a bad they can grab one.

Leaving poop in plastic bags anywhere close to wildlife is really bad. A lot of animals will chew through the plastic and they can choke or really get fucked up.

1 Like

Kinda like the time I was at the ATM and the old yin at the machine asked me to check her balance, so I pushed her.

5 Likes

The irresponsibility of the average American dog owner continues to amaze me. It’s actually a weird step forward if they leave a bag of dogshit on your lawn instead of just the shit. How did this kind of behavior ever get normalized?

DIB is why the Second Amendment was created

Because we don’t credibly threaten to kill their dogs if they don’t pick up poop.

I would expect nothing less from a country that wants to abolish police.

1 Like

holy shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1386124147483422721

2 Likes