*OFFICIAL RFC VOTE THREAD*: Proposal to make Chads a mod (idk if I'm doing this right)

As per the process that most everyone seemed to agree with this thread (Request For Comments (RFC) Procedure), I am proposing admin (@jmakin ?) start up an official binding poll thingy to make chads a mod. Seems li[poll type=regular results=on_vote chartType=pie]

Hold an official vote for “Should PocketChads become a mod for the next six months (Y/N)?”

• Yes, we should hold a vote on this
  • No, hard pass
  • No, but I would consider a different term of office
    [/poll]
    ke we’ll need a new guy with micro leaving and I think he’s already decided he’d be okay with the job.

Poll would read as follows:

“Should PocketChads become a mod for the next six months (Y/N)?”

Suggestions from the community welcome.

OK, I fucked up the poll, let’s try again:

Should we officially vote on whether PocketChads should become a mod for the next six months
  • Yes, let’s vote on this
  • No, hard pass
  • No, but I would consider voting for a different term of office

0 voters

If the community wants to mod Chads prior in concurrence with but also subject to whatever more general system we put in place for installing and replacing mods in the other thread, then I’m find with that.

Because integrity is of the utmost, and I kinda jumped the gun starting the first thread.

1 Like

Suit yourself, but I think it was a fair question. Respect after changing your vote, though.

I thought this was the system we voted on? I’m very confused.

There are votes currently being held about mod nominations process and terms limits. You would know this if you had bothered to follow the 54 threads, 16,788 posts and 190 polls about it.

4 Likes

I think the RFC is to approve the wording of a vote, which makes sense if it’s something unique. And as unnecessary as it might sound ~every poll has had wording problems.

Also, I don’t think the “for the next 6 months” thing is settled, but shrug.

As an RFC, there’s plenty of opportunity to revise this prior to a final vote. We can settle on a proposal to mod Chads subject to whatever mod terms and term limits are approved in the other vote.

We’re voting on having a vote?

What kind of bureaucratic BS is this? Just have it.

And yes to PC

2 Likes

Someone has to decide what votes matter and some people didn’t seem to want to empower mods to make those decisions.

Should we have a poll to determine whether or not we should have a poll to hold a vote on whether or not we should elect PocketChads as our next forum moderator?
  • Yes
  • No, because we didn’t hold a previous vote
  • Bastard

0 voters

Not helping!

1 Like

Can we get this thread stickied? @MrWookie or @jmakin ?

We need to leave this open for a couple more days, cobble together a final proposal, and we’ll have a binding vote in a new thread.

1 Like

I hate this because I am against term limits but if I put vote for another term it potentially harms the chance of them becoming a mod.

Install Chads…
  • For exactly 6 months
  • According to the outcome of mod appointments that will eventually be set in the other thread.
  • Something else.

0 voters

We’re still in the RFC phase, settling on what the final resolution will be.

After an RFC thread has been open for at least 3 full days , any user can request a Forum Administrator to create a poll within the RFC thread to approve the wording for the proposal. Upon receipt of such request, a Forum Administrator shall use the Administrative Account to create a public poll stating the proposed wording of the rule with the choices of “Yes” or “No.” The poll shall remain open for a period of one week . If the poll receives support from a majority of voters , the proposal will proceed to a binding rule vote. Otherwise, debate on the proposal may continue and any user can again request a vote on wording within the RFC thread.

It’s been more than three days. I request a poll from @jmakin with the wording:

“Shall PocketChads be made a moderator? Appointment shall be for an indefinite term, subject to future initiatives to define moderator selection and terms.”

1 Like

I think this wording is a bit better

I’m not trying to be annoying - but why me? I’ll do it, it’s nbd. But I’ll have to do it in an hour or two, been really busy the last few days.