**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Also fuckin NFL Sunday Ticket is delayed like 30 seconds, which is fine, but the goddamn instant updates are in real time. So when your team scores there’s an alert that pops up telling you before your team scores. And there’s no way to disable it!

1 Like

Took me a while to figure out what you’re talking about since the satellite subscription is also called NFL Sunday Ticket and this is not a thing that happens.

It’s wifi, sometimes buffers, but that’s mostly on my bootleg stream sites, games on Amazon are good.

NPR had a show about psychologists studying the dopamine hit people get from getting outraged and yelling at people on social media. I feel like there needs to be a follow-up study on the rush dudes get from having contrarian-bro takes in situations like this.

5 Likes

Contrarian hate has gone mainstream, it gets a shout out in one of the best songs on the new Taylor Swift GOAT album.

2020 broke Taylor Swift:

1 Like

Some people accuses me of being an edgelord, but I think of myself as being more of a contrarian.

Take a book, tear a couple pages out, then read them out of order out loud, followed by the last sentence of the book. That’s what local sports guys are.

Lol oh noes Taylor Swift used words in a song.

The most surprising thing about the new TSwift album, to me, was her gratuitous use of the N-word

1 Like

Really disappointed in what google adsense thinks of me

3 Likes

Mine sends a txt with a 2FA code.

1 Like

Get a password safe type thing. There’s a thread here with people debating the best one.

1 Like

I don’t understand the current title.

“Good sex in the big east”? The basketball conference with all the Catholic schools?

back to yggy dunking, like here’s an example of a class of tweet that I don’t really get.

https://twitter.com/delmoi/status/1338512359137140737

yggy’s take LITERALLY starts off with “a lot of people need help” but the dunkers are so thirsty for a dunk that they ignore that, and we’re supposed to just be mad at … what? Like yggy isn’t supporting THE NARRATIVE? I mean, I am pretty sure he’s right, if you haven’t lost your job, you’re probably doing pretty OK at the moment. I don’t think the fact that a lot of people are unemployed means that we shouldn’t look at the situation of people who are employed, especially when we’re in the middle of figuring out how to help the people who need it (which, presumably, includes making decisions about how to allocate resources).

The far leftists who get mad at yggy for being only moderately left seem like they would get more bang for their buck showing what absolute ghouls that “moderate” center rightists are.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if these guys actually think about which tweets they want to take shots at and are just bad at it or if they’re just blindly working on the assumption that all yggy takes are the worst and randomly pick them to dunk on

There’s a race to the bottom too. Everyone hates Glesias, so, OK, his worst tweets will get dunked on hard by some guy with a big following. That guy will ignore his less bad tweets so then people with smaller and smaller followings will dunk on less and less bad tweets trying to win twitter.

A real sign of the times. TV for prisoners (clear - so guards can see it hasn’t been tampered with) sold on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Clearview-Transparent-Television-Resolution-Including/dp/B07C7M8WQC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=prison+tv&qid=1607967068&sr=8-1

Why are you assuming that is the use case?