**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Yeah at least a month. For some sensitive fish and shrimp you should wait even longer.

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1335948000707928066

many of us are ready, any time you want come on in take us with you

7 Likes

I used a friends old media so think I am going to add my algae eaters at two weeks-ish assuming chemistry supports it. Then wait a couple more for other fish.

That should be good. Sounds like you have it planned out.

1 Like

So we’re not ready and he just told us anyway? What an asshole!

2 Likes

Thank God like in every bad movie about Aliens they speak English!

You grow plants too? Trying to decide if i should be giving them reduced light intensity first week or so. Doing only 6 hours of light per day already. Just can’t decide if I should turn down intensity too.

I’ve been more and more into plants after decades of just keeping fish. aquascaping is lot of fun.

Looks like you have java fern and maybe crypts? Both those are slow growers and low light plants so I would not overdo it. Six hours is good to start and then you can play around and increase the hours.

Hard to tell if you have too much light from here but if you start getting a lot of algae you can try raising or dimming the light. The floating plants should help too if things a too bright.

No, it turns out yiddish is the universal language. A schmuck is a schmuck anywhere in the galaxy.

5 Likes

i have an outdoor barrel with koi carp in it. it is very relaxing. it is very relaxing

The Culture was here in the 70s. Their considered opinion was meh, so they left.

Yeah. I’ve been around, Bryce. You didn’t miss much.

2 Likes

Always has been

I did a little outdoor pond this summer with some white cloud minnows and guppies. They breed like crazy outside.

If you do start getting into the planted side of things this is a really good YouTube for it. He does mostly high end equipment but medium and low light plants which can be grown in non high end setups. There is a ton of good info on it.

1 Like

i have them as the fish in my aquaponics, hence the barrel. but hoping to change them out for grass carp in the spring

Agreed. Some late stage capitalism is aces, baby.

Ah. Thought about doing something like that if I get a place that is more permanent.

Just put these in there and watch the magic!

4 Likes

I always wanted these when I saw them on the back of my comics.