**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

The are ridiculously easy in an Instant Pot; mix really salty water with little potatoes, steam for 2 minutes, let sit for 15 minutes, enjoy.

(Costco in Washington has 4lb bags of little potatoes that work great)

Do they come out as creamy that way? Because they kind of do make a mess the regular way and that sounds like it would be little less to clean up.

Dinosaur GOAT (though to be fair it’s not originally from Rochester, think it started in Syracuse)

Surprised nobody has mentioned garbage plates yet

I’m not drunk enough to talk about garbage plates yet.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Dinosaur is awesome. They have, or at least had, live music 6 nights a week, so there was lots to go see there.

Yeah, just as good. If you cover the vent when you do the steam release you don’t spray a lot of salty steam all over the kitchen as well.

1 Like

Today is the centenary of the premiere of Erich Korngold’s “Die Tote Stadt” in Cologne and Hamburg. NSFW b/c of Liz Hurley’s hoo-hoos.

It’s usually been the George Floyd thread.

It’s a George Floyd plus protests plus stuff that lead to similar protests. The software is wonky when threads get over 10k posts, so we are on our second thread, I believe.

A year old? Damn you ruined my night.

They like megathreads around here, so prefer a single police murders black people plus ensuing protests and and fallout thread. You are welcome to start a separate thread, but you are less likely to get responses.

i had looked it up several years ago to show some friends, and found out that a rochester cook created garbage balls.

1 Like

W/o help - see how long it takes you to get the missing 7 states. It took me a couple minutes.

I don’t know about the others, but I got Hawaii and Alaska pretty quickly

3 Likes

KS, Both Dakotas, DE, NM, PA, NE. Relatively easy, but I venture to guess you’ve logged a lot less time on 270towin.com over the last year

Dellawhere?

1 Like

Also missing (now and into the future), the state of DC and the state of Puerto Rico :sob:

I got 6 and thought if there was one I couldn’t find it would have to be in the northeast. I had to look at smrk’s answers to find I missed… NM. Damnit.

That was the last one I got too. It took me looking at the 4 corners and realizing it was wrong.

1 Like