**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

LOL, okay man.

1 Like

Aside from the search, this software really rocks. So great that you can expand that excerpt and see the poll, which I presume is up to date right here. Nice work picking this @zikzak.

3 Likes

Yeah the person I quoted follows 1900 accounts. I follow 439 and havenā€™t noticed missing tweets.

Also sheā€™s super political and was probably getting shadow-banned herself a lot, which may make a difference in what you see.

I still want the basic option to see all tweets/posts in chronological order. Iā€™m already missing tons of content via their curation algorithm. Iā€™d rather miss random content based on chronological order.

You can choose Latest Tweets on the web. But apparently thatā€™s still curated for some people. Not sure if it is for me or not. Also follow-back is lame. And you can always just drop the people later.

So you donā€™t tweet and you donā€™t read your feed - what do you use twitter for?

Thereā€™s a workaround for Facebook but it involves always using this link and theyā€™ll probably break that eventually.

I think they punish you for using that link by making every other post an ad.

Btw has anyone else noticed FB ads getting really cheesy lately? It seems like most of the well-funded ā€œdisrupting ED pillsā€-type startups are gone, and Iā€™m getting late-night TV ads now - and a lot more of them. Maybe FB is putting out more ads to make up for not being able to charge as much.

I do have a sports list that I try to stick to to keep me from getting riled up about politics.

Thx. I follow one person who tweets once a month or so. Twitter lets me see all of it.

Twitter sends me lots of Spanish-language sumo coverage, thatā€™s pretty solid AI curation.

I never look at that stuff.

If you follow too many people to be able to keep up with the feed thatā€™s your problem to solve, not FB or Twitters. Of course they want you follow more people because then people have more followers and think they are popular and use the services more. I canā€™t remember the last change FB has made that hasnā€™t made the service worse to use for me.

South African PowerBall Lottery
(five numbers from 50 and one PowerBall from 20)

https://twitter.com/sa_lottery/status/1334067037459664896

7 Likes

Iā€™m a bit obsessed with this story:

https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1333896718618746881

1 Like

wtf thatā€™s horrifying

Pretty sure itā€™s not real skulls.

It starts with the alcohol, which leads to whippets, then once they fall in love with candles itā€™s all over.

you canā€™t unsee that, you can only tell yourself they probably werenā€™t real skulls

1 Like

Right wing forums love being trolled about those things.

Itā€™s a joke?

But, also, right wingers love talking about that stuff.

This isnā€™t really a right wing forum, but an (American) right wing forum would absolutely love talking about guns and gays and criminal justice (from a conservative perspective).