**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Gonna be honest. I read Pink Tax and thought it was going to be related to the musician.

That’s exactly how I felt the last time I visited where I used to live in Pennslyvania. It’s amazing how little has changed since I left for good over a decade ago.

2 Likes

Does anybody know if Advil has some kind of patent on their candy coated tablets? I can’t figure out why they are the only medication that has that. Seems like you woud sell more pills if they were all so sweet and crunchy.

You chew Advil?

Not sure where this goes.

FYI Oaks is the LDS Church leader [edit: no, he’s the #2]. Local Utah news gonna be wild.

https://twitter.com/calvinjburke/status/1378805155001298944

https://twitter.com/calvinjburke/status/1378803911079784450

https://twitter.com/calvinjburke/status/1378803542526337025

3 Likes

Well most of my Advil consumption comes via my homemade trailmix , so yes.

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna need a little more here.

Is this Oaks fellow their literal top guy?

Exactly how hard is he going on this? There are been occasional lukewarm condemnations of these things from unexpected sources. Those aren’t much to get excited about.

It’s the goddamn Mormon Pope firing shots at the Republican Party, just kick back and enjoy.

6 Likes

The Annual General Conference is a church-wide event. The culmination is this speech by the president. I forget his fancy official titles but Trolly has it right. When Oaks talks the faithful listen. Or at least pretend to. Conference gets feature coverage locally.

Oaks is not going to go that hard obviously, I mean he’s a religious leader and he knows how to politic. But the message is clear.

If 2000 years of Jesus hasn’t gotten through to people I don’t suppose this does much but it’s a small nudge in a good direction.

He’s the #2 guy and should be the successor when 96-year-old president Russell Nelson dies.

Thanks, bros.

I’ll get the popcorn ready.

Random question.

Why when you get a massage do they always do you neck after you flip onto your back? Seems logical to do it when on stomach. I assume there is some biomechanical reason but I tried googling and can’t find it.

I think its because the easiest way to get you to relax you neck is on you back.

You best protect ya neck

4 Likes

Mormons seem like the most sincere religious people in USA #177, which is mind blowing considering the church’s history.

Religion WOAT, just fucking terrible.

2 Likes

Anecdotal reports coming in.
https://twitter.com/Efrengerardo10/status/1378832261785604099?s=19
Nelson announcement of 20 new Temples was the big news. Oak’s comments barely mentioned. Anyway lol me.

This probably belongs in the NFT thread but whatever. Tech douche who says he co-invented or whatever the concept whines that other tech douches have ruined it because “stupidly idealistic, hare brained scheme actually makes the world a worse place” is apparently a thought that has never occurred to even one of these idiots. We’re trapped in a dystopian tech nightmare created by morons who seem to have never met another human being and have no idea how the species works.

Also, this bit was new to me and makes the whole thing even more hilarious/stupid:

We took that shortcut because we were running out of time. Seven years later, all of today’s popular NFT platforms still use the same shortcut . This means that when someone buys an NFT, they’re not buying the actual digital artwork; they’re buying a link to it. And worse, they’re buying a link that, in many cases, lives on the website of a new start-up that’s likely to fail within a few years.

3 Likes

The analogy to libertarians is pretty striking to me because I started on the 2+2 politics forum back when it was dominated by Borodog and people like him. I feel like the experience of the 21st century tech bros making the world a whole lot worse because they were (and continue to be!) too smug to acknowledge the limits of their ideas is basically what would happen if libertarians were allowed to implement their ideas on a large scale.

2 Likes

unitarians tho?

ETA: specifically I’m thinking of UUs