**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1378508687950614528

You youngs really missed out on jumping around on some kid’s parent’s waterbed.

I can’t even remember where, but I had to sleep on one once - very difficult.

1 Like

I had a waterbed. Might have been that same model. Without the headboard/cupboard thing though. Do not recommend. When I got rid of it I made a shelf out of some of the wood. It’s supporting my plywood-topped “desk” as I type this.

1 Like

There’s a loud party next door. Even though there’s supposed to no loud music at this hour, I don’t mind that too much since I won’t be going to bed for a few hours, except they keep going in and out and the door slams shut. Then they stand outside my door and gossip before they go back in, slam!

I liked my waterbed. Super comfortable. Great for sleeping cool.

They finally sorted out who is staying and who’s going. Thankfully I didn’t have to be the grumpy old neighbor telling the kids to settle.

That’s all very well but you’re missing out on a lot of interesting conversations with skilled IT workers who can see your laptop underperforming and who will fix it for a fee.

1 Like

I’m so old that my high school trends are back in style. I love her.

https://twitter.com/juleslipoff/status/1378120086460960768?s=20

2 Likes

BTW, that law passed 380-3 a couple of months after that article

1 Like

The right wing love their :thinking: - oh you’re so clever - twat.

https://twitter.com/LabourAreToast/status/1378605732426317824

What a weirdo. Who the hell wears a bowtie?

2 Likes

1 Like

Walking into my apartment complex last night, there was a woman on the ground who appeared to be really fucked up on something. A guy was with her on the phone. I asked him if they were ok, and he said he was on the phone with an ambulance. I said ok and stood there to wait in case they needed help. When the officials came, they were driving back and forth in the street so I went out and flagged them down. The park right next to where I live has a lot of homeless people in it, so I’m sure they just assumed that was where the incident was. Unfortunately, the first responders who showed up were like 4 cop cars, no ambulance. I had a moment where I seriously considered not saying a thing because I was sure that they were not going to make the situation better, but then I directed them to the girl because I though she might actually be dying and I didn’t really know what else to do.

5 Likes

50 year old celeb has a heart attack?

cocaine -2000

1 Like

I saw several reports mention an overdose.

He was in rehab before too.

Do you know what happened after that?

You pretty much had to direct the cops there.

One time I saw a homeless person fall and hit his head. I called for an ambulance. The police came and put him in handcuffs and the back of the police car, barely saying a word to anyone.

1 Like

No, I was exhausted. I probably should have stayed, though.

2 Likes

Must listen. If you don’t believe a small group of progressive thinkers can make a difference this is your counterpoint.

The second part is scary.

1 Like

I drove through Ohio yesterday and Waze redirected me off of the interstate because of traffic. I don’t know where the hell it sent me, but it was an absolute shithole and I can understand why those people would all get addicted to meth and oxy. Also the only place on my 10 hour drive that still had Trump signs/flags visible.