**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Ok so you got bit and it didn’t hurt but you’re dying… at least you have a tasty orange.

1 Like

I walked by a Palos Verdes neighborhood tonight with a few houses whose backyards butted up against other houses. But I knew those other houses were in a whole different world as far as the road system. Even walking, it still takes forever. But there’s a huge pedestrian stairway that connects the two systems and shaves off about 3 miles from the driving time.

The walking route - bottom is the big stairway.

I found it crazy these guys could shake hands across their backyards but it would take them 11 minutes and over 5 miles to drive from driveway to driveway.

I wonder what the record is for that in the US or world? Backyards touching - longest road route to get between the two houses.

8 Likes

Well we have a contender. At least Palos Verdes has the excuse of steep terrain. Florida is flat as a pancake.

2 Likes

La Jolla has a good one where you can drive over a mountain to get to your neighbors house

5 Likes

17 miles away, 27 minutes by car

Though it’s only 7 miles if you want to walk.

1 Like

Twitter’s suggested topics are awful. Literally everything they do to change their product sucks.

Nice! I love this kind of stuff. I bet there’s an hour drive somewhere out there.

Maybe @TheNewT50 can get obsessed with this.

1 Like

Wow. Did you know about this one or just find it with google?

“designated government facilities” eh

Sounds like concentration camps to me.

Found it searching on the interwebs. Remembered seeing that question before.

In Mexico there’s some outrageous shit. Stuff Americans would never be willing to tolerate.

Here’s a spot in Monterrey where it’s an hour walk to go 30 feet:

Here’s a spot in Manzanillo where if you miss your turn, it’s an hour drive and hundreds of pesos in tolls to get back to the same spot:

One time in Mexico City I got routed through a mountainous national park with no cell phone service that was closed after dark, so I had to bribe the guards to get through, to get back to my hotel. All of this in an uber. The driver was like wtf is happening. Poor guy.

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImIncorrigible/status/1378405624757813249

https://mobile.twitter.com/UnderTheBreach/status/1378314424239460352

1 Like

Figured there’d be more than 533M people on Facebook.

The scams people get hit by on phone is pretty crazy. Been binging scambaiters on YT for a while now.

One of the benefits of being in the CR is that since nobody speaks it, nobody is gonna bother learning the language to scam people here.

Wider audience in scamming people in English.

FLORIDA

2 Likes

Fucked around, found out.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1378354380810948613?s=21

6 Likes

The responsible corporate citizen there “HRK Holdings” filed bankruptcy 8 years ago because of expenses incurred in a different liner leak at Piney Point. I guess it’s time for another bankruptcy.

2 Likes

Opps!

So I’m in a friend group that has lots of scuttlebutt about the DMX situation. In the group chat I posted ‘FUCK WHAT YA HEARD’ and made someone super mad.

This is stupid, but I find it funny and I’m a few beers in so there.