**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Thread title is probably in the running.

Iā€™m talking like the hideous combination stuff in your grocery aisle but then worst versions of those found in the depths of the webs.

Hair soy sauce is apparently a thing.

Anyone had Jeotgal?

One place has the best ketchup Iā€™ve ever had - Wurstkuche - a fancy sausage place/bier hall in LA. I agree otherwise

I cannot stand the tiny waist/giant ass look.

2 Likes

Wurstkuche is good, but youā€™re left out the key piece of information. What did you use the ketchup for?

Ketchup + meatloaf were made for each other. If you donā€™t love it youā€™re not a real 'Murican.

Also, as (I think) the sole Quebec resident around here (for another few days anyway), my opinions of poutine >>> everybody elseā€™s. Verdict: Itā€™s the sum of its parts and itā€™s pretty meh.

3 Likes

Which places have you tried?

Trader Joe puts tomato sauce on his meatloaf as well.

Recently? None, because itā€™s the sum of its parts and kinda meh. I also imagine itā€™s pretty lousy as a takeout dish.

If you put it in front of me Iā€™ll eat it and be content, but Iā€™m never going out of my way for it.

That stuff (not Heinz brand) is huge in Asia. I could never stand the stuff. Sometimes Iā€™d accidentally receive it instead of Ketchup and start to gag.

Maybe Heinz brand is better than the stuff that was around where I was.

Iā€™ve had a couple of good Turkey meatloaves in my day. Maybe youā€™re not out of the meatloaf game yet?

1 Like

I almost never had meatloaf growing up. This could be a wrong impression just because we didnā€™t have it, but I think of it as extremely gentile. Too gentile. Not quite ham, but pretty close.

What about outside of the house?

Iā€™m sure I had it a few times. Maybe I was over at some friendā€™s house for dinner at a formative age and they had meatloaf and said grace or something.

1 Like

Onion rings tho

Does gentile roughly equate to mid-century suburbs? Thatā€™s how I think of meatloaf. Itā€™s the sort of dish your stay-at-home, Valium addicted mom makes from a Betty Crocker recipe with her avocado colored appliances.

I think heā€™s saying Gentile, as in non-Jew, as in, meatloaf, particularly the bacon wrapped ones, ainā€™t kosher.

Genteel is kosher

I figured. Just my family. I donā€™t think of sausage as gentile btw. No one in my family that I knew ever kept kosher. Shrug. I think zz gets the point though. Itā€™s betty crocker/waspy/mid-century USA.

They fuckin drown em in that shit.

Chimichurri motherfuckers.

P111531-1

2 Likes