**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

https://twitter.com/weirdtakoyaki/status/996159290141564928

9 Likes

There were ammo shortages all throughout Trumpā€™s presidency too, these dipshits just hate having money.

2 Likes

That was just one example.

I can think of inveterate fabulists who invented the most unbelievable stories.

Like one guy I worked with who insisted he was in the SAS and trained by jumping out of an airplane without a parachute LOL

1 Like

I think youā€™re overestimating the social intelligence of most men. Could these guys being very dumb explain the lies?

This sounds like something I would do and now Iā€™m worried that people think Iā€™m a liar instead of hilarious. Iā€™m gonna use ā€œmanfullyā€ at the next opportunity too btw, thanks

4 Likes

I have some stories of stuff that I know no one would believe so I donā€™t tell them.

2 Likes

When describing something that happened in the past my wife tells a more entertaining version of events than I do.

The Terminator, a voice of reason in our crazy world

https://twitter.com/ketch/status/1352017599094145026

12 Likes

For sure. Iā€™m kind of scrupulously honest and I make an effort and Iā€™m certainly not perfectly honest. I try to be aware of when Iā€™m not. Itā€™s not easy. Iā€™m not saying all rich people are less honest that all not-rich people or even anything about averages, but something about myselfā€¦my lack of financial success has definitely made me more aware that if Iā€™m going to have reasonable self-esteem, Iā€™m going to have to get it somewhere else. I think there is something to that where people who have less are sometimes more invested in the value of their character. And having to tell people stuff like ā€œI canā€™t pay you now because Iā€™m brokeā€ instead of ā€œthe check is in the mailā€ has been part of it.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s +5 Dad Points.

2 Likes

Agree with Pt. 2

I donā€™t agree with this - a lot of the happiest people are born again types whoā€™ve bought wholesale into religion and are anything but honest with themselves.

Being brutally honest with yourself involves admission of unpleasant things, some of which you might not be able to reconcile yourself to.

5 Likes

The other day I walked into the front room to see my two year just settling down normally to eat his dinner, and my wife looking at him with a weird expression on her face.

I asked what was up and she just looked at me for a second, then I saw something click and she asked if Iā€™d told him the names of any books on the shelves near where he sits. I said yes, heā€™d asked me a couple that morning.

Seems that as he was sitting down he just casually pointed and ā€˜readā€™ two of them out, and for a moment my wife thought we were raising a genius.

7 Likes
1 Like

Marty Feldman? Graham Chapman and John Cleese?

At Last the 1948 showā€¦never heard of it.

Reminds me that the Youtube algorithm recently recommended this for me:

2 Likes

Front left is Tim Brooke Taylor who was in a sort of populist and not brilliant comedy trio called The Goodies in the 70s. Donā€™t know the story of how/why he missed out on being in Python.

Again itā€™s the same all/some confusion as before. I was careful to say ā€œa lotā€ to avoid this.

1 Like