**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

I’m trying to figure out how many acres are in a land tract. Does anyone have any resources or tips? I found a website called AcreValue that you can search by landowner names, which might work. It’s $36 for the pro version so I might just do that, not sure of its accuracy though.

A tract is not a fixed amount of land.

Are you asking about figuring out the size of a specific lot of land?

Yeah - I probably worded it poorly. Here is an example.

1 Like

You can probably get the exact size of any parcel from the county auditor’s website.

2 Likes

Around here anyway, we’d say “assessor”, but not really. Some tracts are just identified by the verbal description like that. I was an appraiser for like 8 years and did measure some irregular lots/tracts to figure out how big they were.

“Sections” and “townships” are a well defined sizes. A section is 640 acres, or one square mile. A township is 36 sections.

I got that, but I get lost when it breaks it down into northwest quarter of the southwest quarter of the northwest quarter ect… I assume that breakdown would be on a plat map?

If you have a lot number or assessor’s parcel number you can get the map - maybe online. In LA county you can. One should be able to decipher that description though. But…site surveyors (and lawyers) exist for a reason. Geographic variations may form the actual boundary rather than the assessor’s map.

2 Likes

If you PM me the info I will try to find the answers you seek.

1 Like

Got my second shingles shot today and it already hurts. From what I’ve seen it’s well worth it, but the last shot hurt for at least a week. By far the worst shot I’ve ever had. Getting the shot itself didn’t really hurt, but it comes on later.

1 Like

Can you find chicks near me with huge tracts of land?

3 Likes

Probably.

I just completed a questionnaire for jury duty. I spent like 10 minutes thinking about this one.

1. In the space below, please tell us something interesting thing about you.*

Seriously. What do you people want from me?

1 Like

GTO response is, “I am an extremely private person.”

4 Likes

“No.”

4 Likes

Is it a metes and bounds description? I can deed plot it with software.

This is an example of metes and bounds

1 Like

End of the Trump Era, new Pharoahe album, new Hitman game, this is a pretty sweet week.

1 Like

If Micro is correct that a Section is 640 acres, I’m inclined to think that the “60 acres more or less” refers to the lot being sold.

The NW quarter of a section should have about 160 acres. One quarter of that quarter, plus half of another quarter of that quarter, should be about 60 total.

1 Like

The guy who compared Muslims in his country to cockroaches is definitely not that great, he’s pretty right wing from what I’m aware of