**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

It will, but perhaps not as much as that post would suggest. First of all he’s got the minimum wage employee working all 52 weeks without missing an hour, which is highly unlikely. The teacher is probably working about 40 and is salaried. The teacher also likely has a generous pension. When factoring in that, I’m sure the difference between those jobs is actually substantial.

Maybe that’s still not enough for the teacher, but it’s far better than the minimum wage job.

He also tweeted this out earlier doxxing his wife, the part covering the address was not in his tweet lol. This guys close up in the line of succession for president lol

My guess is that back then record releases where a bit like movie releases in that they were clustered in different seasons and tried to be scheduled in a way to make sure there wasn’t a lot of other new stuff coming out at the same time. '91 was a good year for music though.

You can’t live on a pension when you’re in your 20’s. That the guy isn’t ashamed that teachers make so little is frustrating. Also, you might know many teachers if you think they aren’t working during the summer.

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything. It’s still valuable.

1. If they are working in the summer (which wouldn’t surprise me), then I assume they will get compensated in addition to the starting salary cited in the post.

2. I was not making any claims about whether teachers are paid enough. I was simply stating that his comparison was terribly done.

Its still like this a bit tbh. You have your window for releases and for touring.

1 Like

You can eat at taco bell for less than $4.

1 Like

If I get really motivated I’ll do a trip report.

1 Like

People walk up and down the aisles on trains in Mexico selling burritos out of buckets. Poor people trains. Not gringo trains. (Gringos usually in buses)

1 Like

I didn’t know many of them were Greek owned, but I did solar for a Greek guy who owns a hamburger restaurant. Pretty nice place. I got comped a couple times.

From my understanding all the hamburger stands are Greek owned. It’s like nail salons and the Vietnamese. Every one of them in our area that I actually know the owners (3) are Greek. One time at Steve’s in Torrance a woman came in trying to scam them. The owner was like “And she’s Greek too!”

I actually love that LA hasn’t lost it’s one-off hamburgers stands to McDonalds or w/e. I just wish they’d offer a burger with fresh-ground beef. Branching out and serving everything under the sun, including all Mexican stuff and lots of stuff with pastrami for some reason, is probably what saved them.

i love this. i wish i came up with this.

it’s an instagram where the person is posting normal instagram photos except in every one she’s lying face down on the ground pretending to be DEAD lol

6 Likes

That’s a really weird and sad story.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GAFollowers/status/1350222481483771907

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/hayleyderoche/status/1349480051067285507?s=20

8 Likes

That is definitely not a crazy good programmer.

I like how he’s wearing his mask.

1 Like

FWIW When I went to school in Texas many of my younger teachers worked minimum wage jobs in the summer, so they will presumably be the beneficiaries of this.

So what was your motivation for posting? Surely you don’t believe the nonsense about how if we’re not precise in our wording then we give our enemies ammunition, right? Cause they’re never precise in their language.

I’m irked by poor comparisons in general.