**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

It is the south bro… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

We just earned a Southwest companion pass for the first time ever based on credit card spending (thanks, new house.) We had to lolz about it since we won’t be able to use it this year (unless the vaccine rollout really speeds up.)

I got a $500 travel voucher to american airlines for a travel nightmare they put me through, it has a 1 year expiration.

The date I got it? Feb 2020. Lol

4 Likes

I drunkenly rolled into “The Taco Stand” when I was in SD… as a Midwesterner with limited access to good Mexican, it was the greatest burrito I’ve ever had. I’m sure there’s better there, but at that exact moment in time it was chefs kiss

2 Likes

it’s not good mexican unless the menu board looks like this:

3 Likes

I took a picture. Pretty close lol.

4 Likes

It’s not good Mexican unless it’s a [insert Mexican name here] #2.

1 Like

burrito = white people food

Not mexican, it’s el salvadorian, but there’s a hole in the wall place near my house that has amazing food. You have to order in spanish though. Everyone in there kinda glares at me so I stopped going there for a little while, but covid made it so they deliver now! Thanks covid.

Mexican food though > everything else it’s just soooooo calorically dense typically.

1 Like

If you see this in New England you’re likely in a Greek pizza/sub shop.

7 Likes

My old favorite Greek pizza joint used to look just like that until a few years ago they updated to this:

The thing is, there are also seafood joints with those signs, and Chinese food joints with those signs. I think it’s just any place with sit down but typically no servers used to use those signs.

There’s a place close to where I used to work that sold chicken tikka masala burritos. White people food or not, it was delicious.

If you’re buying a cheesesteak and the menu looks like that, you’re about to be very happy.

What about 8 hours later?

6 Likes

Roadside joints too - the places with picnic tables outside that are only open from Memorial Day through Labor Day.

3 Likes

Yeah this for me.

There’s no real reason to go to Rhode Island ever, but if you do, there’s a place called The Hitching Post right on Rt1 that’s been there since the 50s that serves giant deep fried clam fritters that are ridiculous. Has this kind of sign that prolly was there from opening back then and is only open during the summer, order right from the window, and eat at picnic tables or your car.

1 Like

Bob’s Clam Hut in Kittery right next to the trading post. (When I was a kid it was literally shed sized with a sign like that. Who knows now, they’ve added onto it like 5 times.)

1 Like

NRA is bankrupt

Thoughts and prayers obviously.

2 Likes

If there’s a board like that here in Paris, some bearded youngster is about to really rip you off.

2 Likes

If you see it in the South they’ve got brains & eggs on the menu.