**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

1967 wasn’t exactly ancient history, though. Like, he must have had a security detail, right?

I once took a work meeting while I was grocery shopping waiting for my car wash to finish. Triple productivity!

My thing is pretty close to my butt, so sometimes when I’m waiting for number 2 I go number 1 and vice versa. Sorry, somebody mentioned Taco Bell and this is what happens.

2 Likes

This reminded me of the Broad City episode where Alana leaves her day job without permission, picks up a shift at her old temp agency to handle their inbound calls, and then takes a temp job walking jobs. Triple pay!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/APEntertainment/status/1349885763039752193?s=19

What’s great is there is a taco shop with a drive thru directly next to the in-n-out that is always empty and mysteryconman drives a half mile to get Taco Bell over like 10 different other fast food places that are also in the area. I don’t blame him though Doritos locos tacos are delicious. I actually really hate waiting in line for in-n-out so I make my trips when they open at 10:30am so I’ll have to try this double fast food run thing.

1 Like

I concur with @Mr_Unstoppable usually there is no excuse for Taco Bell in San Diego. This is my one and only exception.

Some people may ask, I’ve never been to San Diego…how do you know that you are in an actual taco shop, and not in some knock off, fake mexican abomination. Simple. First of all the name on the sign should say “Rigobertos” or some other multi-syllabic name. Then look at their salsa bar. Are there carrots and onions soaking with jalapenos, just begging to be put into a small plastic bag and eaten while you wait for your food? If yes, then order. If no, then find a real taco shop.

5 Likes

We have Harold Holt memorial pools named after him. Lots of conspiracy theories around his death.

ahahahahahahaha, what an amazing troll

2 Likes

Other famous Australian memorials include the Steve Irwin Aquatic Petting Zoo and the Michael Hutchence Ropes Course.

5 Likes

Yeah there’s a Harold Holt Memorial Swimming Centre in Melbourne and I think a pool somewhere else.

He wouldn’t have had a security detail. I guess a PM probably would now but security around politicians is nothing like it is in the US here. Partly nobody gives a shit about Australia but partly it doesn’t do anything to assassinate a leader because they’re generally just a figurehead of their party. If you assassinated current PM Scott Morrison the party would just elect some ghoul like Peter Dutton and nothing would change. It’s like assassinating the CEO of an oil company. In the US because Presidents drive policy to such a greater extent, especially foreign policy, it’s possible to effect change by killing one guy.

Edit: and also there are just way less crazy guys with guns around obviously.

Hey cassette

I am doing great. Needed a break from the chaos and glad I took one. I’ve been on about a 5% news diet compared to my previous consumption. It is much more healthy for me. I wasn’t sure if I would be back but I miss this place and it’s posters so decided to dip my toe back in. Don’t think I’ll be back at the same volume but glad to catch up a little.

Good thing I picked a month off when Trump finally laid low and didn’t do much! I wonder what CNN has had to talk about. :wink:

29 Likes

Not sure how serious Au took the political unrest in the rest of the world in the 60’s to know how they protected their leaders. I may be basing this more on Crocodile Dundee than historical facts though.

7 Likes

Did you guys know that the electron source of a transmission electron microscope is brighter than a supernova? That’s kind of wild.

1 Like

It is.

Snow warning across parts of Sussex

If this comes any further south I think I’ll stay indoors - doesn’t sound like something I want to be walking around in.

6 Likes

Damn half the country is buried in pee snow

5 Likes

Its from all those people that got Pandemic Puppies. Sure they are very cute. But at what cost?

2 Likes

A 100kV source accelerates electrons to like half the speed of light. That’s rather fast.