**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Lol, googled the author. These are her other works:

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/poonNOpeen/status/1348843329291747330

Lol at the TV on the cooler

1 Like

Future archeologists will be finding that glitter on that site in a 1000 years.

3 Likes

Start with your insurance agent, they’ve probably dealt with this issue before. They should know a good Arborist or Tree-cutter-downer who can come clean up the tree part of the mess.

2 Likes

Ffs this is very bad luck, sorry.

1 Like

Didn’t somebody recently have a tree calamity here as well, @WichitaDM maybe?

That really sucks. My house is surrounded by trees (I live in the middle of the woods) and this is a constant worry of mine. Trees fall in the woods all the time around my house.

1 Like

Damn! Some of Seattle is without power after last night’s storm (or my slacker co-workers are taking the day) and it was loud enough to keep me up half the night, but fortunately our trees got removed years ago. While the tree removers are out there you should them take a look at the rest of the trees around your property.

Alternatively, this looks like a great excuse to buy a chainsaw! Hopefully, you didn’t already have one in the shed…

2 Likes

I took 4 months off unpaid this year to deal with depression and burnout. I didn’t do jack and was unproductive, but that was my goal. I’m not out of the woods yet and am about to become a giant PITA for my current supervisor. Oh, you want to talk about my job performance? I’ll have to confirm that my union rep is available to sit in on that meeting before I can accept. I think the fact that every other supervisor in my org can’t stand him will work in my favor.

5 Likes

Do they make a sound?

2 Likes

is it fair to cancel Matthew McConaughey if he’s on the jordan peterson podcast?

No one is allowed to judge until they listen to the entire podcast. And maybe a few more. That’s the Jordan Peterson rules.

20 minutes in, seems like they are talking about mcconaughey’s wet dreams.

Those pictures do plenty of “justice.” It looks like a nightmare and I’m sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately I don’t really have any good advice except to say that living in the PNW woods does put you at some risk for having a tree fall on your head. Storms this severe aren’t historically all that common, although I feel like they are becoming more frequent, probably due to climate change.

Seattle got nailed pretty hard too. This article has a “fun” photo gallery for those who like to see downed power poles and stuff:

Wild weather with 70 mph winds whips Seattle and Western Washington, with road closures and power outages

https://twitter.com/doug_person5/status/1349429927150563335?s=21

2 Likes

wait, did he come out of the krokodil coma his daughter put him into???

Kid’s names these days are wildin’

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/420251200903057408

1 Like

I bought my current desktop about 4.5 years ago and it was pretty close to top-of-the-line. But it’s been about two years since I could buy a AAA game and just whack everything up to max without having to think about it, and now I feel the itch again. Thinking about buying this:

€4,709 including VAT. Am I crazy? Any thoughts welcome.

What’s that in american?

First thoughts - 16 cores is overkill unless you’re running like a production grade server. This website runs on 4 cores and 8 threads lol.

32gb ddr4 memory is overkill too.

I mean, for personal use, it’s just a loooooot of machine. But if it makes you happy go for it!

1 Like