**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Basically they’re legitimately brain washed. I mean some are evil, but a lot are just legit brain washed.

My only piece of advice is to block Fox News with parental controls, they will never figure it out.

9 Likes

Guessing game:

Lithuania‘s population in 1990 was 3.7 million. What is it today?

talk to them about it for 2+ hours every day for like a year

3 Likes

3.3 million.

IIRC a lot of the under 30 cohort emigrated away from the baltic countries.

same. i’m not going to lie. waiting for him to die is a mindfuck. every day i haven’t heard any news is an episode of shrödinger dad.

2 Likes

It’s really fucking with me.

My theory is nothing changed with Trump other than his firebrand nature eroding the norms that kept politics not spoken about in polite American discourse. Along comes Trump & majority culture feels emboldened, and with it mom starts sharing her hot social takes as if it was pre-civil-rights-era.

These views weren’t born from Trump, they were just beginning to be publicly expressed after him by Americans who previously had been too ashamed to do so. He’s like the booze that leads to embarrassing self-disclosure.

But I’ll be dammed if it doesn’t fuck with me. I know exactly how to respond to it when it’s expressed by everyone except my family of origin, which in turn makes me question my response to it everywhere else & overall moral conviction…in other words, oscillating between it making me think I’m too aggro in response, and making me think my softness with family means I’m not a true believer.

5 Likes

Is this soft response you have to family limited to just your parents, or all blood relations?

2.9 million

Pretty sure the population of Vilnius (and maybe Kaunas and Klaipeda) has been stable to increasing, but the rural areas have lost like half the population.

Add OANN and Newsmax while you’re at it.

Something that’s stuck out to me when dealing with working class people recently is just how much straight up nonsense they believe. And it’s random shit having to do with all facets of life. We’re just bombarded by it constantly in commercials and on social media, aka places that should be trustworthy.

It’s the Peep Show theme tune, please and thank you.

Been around the world and found
That only clever children are eating
The dullards don’t deserve feeding
I don’t even let mine watch TV

The signs were all there, in retrospect.

Why does anyone think social media should be trustworthy?

Having dealt with people from all walks of life, I’m skeptical that ‘working class’ is doing any useful work in that sentence.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1345850429624741889?s=21

Jennings pinned tweet is also one that references bean dad about their podcast they did together

1 Like

FFS, Ken. Do you live in a cave? Florida man is #1 with anti-semites yet he is pro-Israel too. Have you never seen this combo before?

I don’t think he’s thought his worldview through very well.

Fortunately you don’t have to be as smart as Jennings to come to this conclusion. Although I don’t think the problem is so much that he hasn’t thought his view through as that his view isn’t of the world.

Non-verbally threaten to withhold love from your parents. Make it clear you’re going to be a distant memory if they don’t at least try to meet you halfway. Worked pretty well with my mom. My Dad is more liberal than me so I really just had to focus on my mom.

Really? On what?

Was he an uber BernieBro?