**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

100% yes but it’s an admittedly unique situation and my wife will still have one

He gets around by golf cart.

9 Likes

I’ve been to some bars in upstate NY during hunting season where like 75% of the people showed up on ATVs or Skidoos.

1 Like

Our rural areas have poker runs with snowmobiles where you get a card at each bar you stop to drink at.

There was a bar we used to go by my friend’s farm where they gave last call to go drinks for people in vehicles lmao.

1 Like

Not having to worry about things breaking is absolutely huge. There was an enormous amount of constant background stress in my life I wasn’t even aware of until the first week I owned a new vehicle.

1 Like

The warranty and road side assistance are awesome too imo.

Yeah, I’d hear a rattle or something and think, “Oh no, I wonder if it’s… oh fuck it, I don’t care. It’s under warranty.”

1 Like

Or you buy cheap cars that you can easily replace without feeling stressed.

:point_up: Here’s a guy who’s never blown a head gasket 1,200 miles from home.

2 Likes

Or you buy a Toyota truck and nothing ever breaks.

I’m actually in the market for a new car atm.

https://twitter.com/nicoleamurray/status/1340381728196718598?s=21

2 Likes

One of my first music festivals was in a VW bus my best friend owned. We ended up stranded in a small town for 3 days after the festival camping in a junkyard. I’ve also seen another friend basically rebuild a VW engine on the side of the highway. I’d much rather have a reliable car with warranty and roadside assistance. So much less stress.

1 Like

Living in the sticks (outside of a small town) and having cabs be fifty fifty to even show up if you call them is strong motivation. What i would look like to others would not matter. Walking to work in the snow and cold when my ride does not show up would…

Plus some jobs like mine technically require it. Not to use on the job but to make sure you will reliably get to work on time.

1 Like

Maybe not for the first 200k. Then everything breaks all at once, at the worst time, in the worst ways possible.

I really wish I had new trucks for my company vehicles. I’ve done two fuel pumps on full size Dodges in the last year taking off the damn bed. Rusty bolts suck. Now, a Ranger has an oil leak that I’m not sure I can handle on my own.

1 Like

AAA

I used up my free tows this year.

1 Like

I’m at 166k. I’ll keep that in mind.

https://twitter.com/familyfooddude/status/1339894441348362240

2 Likes

Yup, I’ve gotten just over 200k from all my Hondas (all Civics and all bought new) and then I move on to a new one. My wife’s CRV with 140k might be our first Honda not to make 200k. It’s starting to make me nervous already and we’ll probably replace it before the summer.