Non-Pol Hot Takes

Though French food was overrated. Good but not GOAT.

Beats the hell out of Czech food though. Ick!

1 Like

Italian is the GOAT cuisine. This is not close.

2 Likes

Went for an Italian meal with the wife last weekend in Piccadilly that does only small plates, and even as a fan of tapas restaurants I was bowled over by how good the food was.

Having taught the French how to cook it seems the Italians are now teaching the Spanish how to do tapas.

1 Like

The pâtisseries tho. Goddamn.

1 Like

I did until the story broke about Tesla swatting whistleblowers…

1 Like

Haggis done well is absolutely delicious.

2 Likes

I rather enjoyed the faux Scottish food at Harry Potter World/Hogwarts

Czech food is REALLY cheap though.

Mike Schur (creater of Parks & Rec, Fire Joe Morgan, Good Place) is probably my favorite person that I don’t actually know. I’m confident that he and I would be best friends IRL if we knew each other. That being said, the thing I like about him least is this scorching hot take:

Hot fruit is disgusting.

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1068512541758808064

2 Likes

2nd least favorite Schur take:

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1068518892220297216

I was outraged when this take actually got featured in a Good Place episode.

1 Like

huh, I didn’t realize that Schur is a dangerous moron. Too bad, I liked most of his stuff, all ruined now. Hawaiian pizza is great. Even better with green olives too.

Although I generally like cold fruit pie the next day better than warm pie. But both warm apple pie and cold apple pie are much better than plain apples. Particularly baking apples. Ever try eating a plain granny smith? Not great my friends. And tart cherries? There’s a reason they go in pies. Obviously.

But his main problem seems to be hot fruit? Which, no one eats piping hot fruit pie straight from the oven? You let it cool down. Only a high functioning stillborn like Schur would take a scoop out of a pie straight from the oven, get second degree burns all over his tongue and be all HURR DURR THIS IS TERRIBLE.

4 Likes

It doesn’t sound good, but it is.

Pineapple in any context including on pizza is better than ham. Ham sucks. Always.

His hot fruit stance would be fine if he made a pie exception. But he does not.

I can’t think of a non-pie hot fruit situation that isn’t gross.

Cobbler? Crumble? Pear cake?

Madness.

Forms of pie. Also pear cake sounds disgusting.

grilled pineapple is delicious

2 Likes

what about fruit in curries?

1 Like

Pancakes.