Non-Pol Hot Takes

Taco Bell opened up in my city last year, should I go there today?

Btw that comment made me lol, irl. :joy::joy::joy:

The fact that the content of this post bothers me more than the fact that you used an apostrophe as a pluralization mechanism says something.

Fixed

Where is that dislike button?

1 Like

Emerson was the Marianne Williamson of 19th century America (except pretty racist)

Iā€™ve never had haggis. Should I open up a haggis cart?

I donā€™t actually know Emerson, but I assume he was cool because he was friends with Thoreau.

Noā€¦ Except for 1 day only on Burns night 25th January :night_with_stars:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheMancUK/status/1156860988706172929

nuke england

5 Likes

It is the hot take thread, so my hot take is that in Emerson you find an extreme and inevitably incoherent embrace of individualism, that any hippy-dippy outlook a person may acquire in life is valid so long as itā€™s authentic. You need a little bit of that to not become a lemming, but too much you end up writing derivative neoplatonic derp for new world rubes like:

I would have taken it back after the one about the eternal ONE, but not after the Anarchy one. It also prefigures Bakunin, Kropotkin, Orwell, Chomsky, Subcomandante Marcos and Ocalan.

I guess it really prefigured

"I heartily accept the motto, ā€œThat government is best which governs leastā€; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe- ā€œThat government is best which governs not at allā€; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. Government is at best but an expedient; but most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient. " - Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

Not getting enough love.

1 Like

I didnā€™t get it until you (and because it was you) replied.

How about Palmer?

Ok, that was a gold star level but I didnā€™t know the reference

Pickles?

WTF?

Are all of you pulling a fast one on me. How does anyone like pickles? Am I living in the Truman Show where everyone pretends to like pickles just to mess with me?

Pickles on hamburger. Ruined

Chick Fil A on there most simple sandwich just has their chicken between buns, but with pickles. Ruined

Pickle flavored potato chips. Ruined.

Iā€™ve seen my nephews and nieces argue when I say please take these fucking pickles off my plate and they happily eat them.

I mean I get Iā€™m in the minority, but what a terrible flavor.

5 Likes

Dislike. I love pickles. I just ate one.

When my younger daughter was little and would go to Subway (which my children loved - they hated all other sub shops because they were enemies of Subway) she would get just the bread, cheese, a lot of pickles and mustard. One time the sandwich artist gave it to us at no charge because he didnā€™t think it counted as a sandwich.

Take a few fresh sliced cucumbers, season with dill, garlic, put em in a plastic bag and shake them up. In fridge for a day, next day crisp garlicy dll piickle heaven

1 Like

if you want to ruin a perfectly good cucumber you might as well poopoo in the bag while youā€™re at it

1 Like

yeah i said it

1 Like

I just put 3 pickles on my Scampy & Chipsā€¦ :smirk: