‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

LOL I didn’t know there was an app for finding safe spaces for MAGA chodes. JFC can it ever not be projection? This shit is boring by now.

And oh no, when wearing the hat, they experience a small slice of what it’s like to be the minorities they hate? The horror. Now imagine being born with the hat on and never being able to take it off! But they choose to put it on, and when getting called out on their hatred they decide to find safe spaces instead of stop hating.

One of the anecdotes was a guy going into a Latin store wearing the hat. You’re announcing to everyone in there that you hate them all and want them all deported, but you really can’t figure out why you’re being asked to remove the hat?

Reminds me of this:

Edit - oh ok I finished watching and the point he’s getting at is he likes the hats because they might cause some wearers to introspect for the reasons above. Yeah hopefully, but knowing them, most will just dig in even deeper.

1 Like

Yeah, the line about “hey, you know those microagressions you said didn’t exist” was delicious.

And yeah, ‘boring’ is the exact descriptor I’ve thought before. You hope there’s some complex psychology but nope, plain old pure projection every time.

p.s.

Lol, wait, when you posted this:

You hadn’t yet gotten to the part where he said “of course, the difference is, you can take off that stupid hat whenever you want to”?

:grinning:

Great minds etc.

I got this far and was like, “Yeah OK, the CPD definitely pulled a gun on him, I don’t care how white and old and strait-laced he might’ve looked.”

Chicago cops tortured black dudes in the basements of stations until they confessed to murders they didn’t commit. There’s only so much you can dial that back.

1 Like

My girlfriend and I just went through a guns-drawn incident a few weeks ago. It was an active shooter false alarm in a nearby movie theater that led to a stampede of people from the outdoor seating area of the restaurant we were at. Cops later showed up… and, shocker, came out full guns drawn not because there was a shooter but because one of the customers was LIVID because his wife was knocked over during the stampede. Guess his race. Neither of us felt comfortable with the situation and left immediately.

That’s some Quick-Draw McGraw shit, unless the driver maybe missed and had to U-turn for another swing at it?

I think that was more or less what did happen. The bullet holes were in the windshield and the dude was confirmed bonkers.

1 Like

No in fact up to the point I thought maybe he was telling us to feel sympathy for them lol

How do active shooter false alarms happen if not as pranks?

Last night

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kirsten_TV/status/1196287135025745920

There was some speculation that it was a prank since it was allegedly started by a teenager, but I believe the final narrative was that there was a misunderstanding. A “misunderstanding” led to an entire neighborhood getting shut down for multiple hours and caused several injuries due to the stampedes that followed. And the risk (that thankfully didn’t materialize) of jumpy police getting all worked up and shooting some innocent person.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1196463191863283712

The funny thing about it was at the time it didn’t even register that I had a gun pointed at me, because I was just sitting at a traffic light with a stupid look on my face. Whole gun-pointing episode took maybe 30 seconds, because (I assume) I was a thirty-something white guy who was obviously not who they were looking for. I didn’t get shook up for probably another 15 minutes or so, when it registered I could have easily been shot - CPD never has had a great record for that sort of stuff.

MM MD

Absolutely insane that you have to live with that in your lives. Can’t imagine how bad it would be if you were black.

In the past, I have argued with gun nuts by supporting the government in Waco and Ruby Ridge. And I’m not saying I get hard imagining a Waco or Ruby Ridge every week, but the idea doesn’t horrify me. I’m prepared for things like that to happen more often in the name of gun control.

Sigh

https://mobile.twitter.com/KOCOJason/status/1196471065578528768

This was a domestic dispute gone bad, if we’re going to include every shooting with multiple victims we’re going to need a bigger boat…

In normal places domestic disputes don’t end with 4 people dead in a Walmart parking lot. It is just as symptomatic of the gun problem as shootings with 10 deaths. More so, really, since they’re so depressingly common.

6 Likes

Another fucking mass shooting.

Idk if it was this thread or another that said we need an Emitt Till moment for real gun control. That moment came and went with Sandy Hook. 20 1st graders and 6 educators. I’m friends with one of the teachers’ cousins that was killed. I was in Newtown at a Christmas party literally the day after it happened (that was a very somber experience even though it was a gathering of old friends).

No pictures of shot up kids is going to change shit. It’s fucking sickening.

Sorry for the rant but it remains my single issue voter. Ugh.

The Gov. is the side to support.

Everything is so turned upside down in this country, people feel a need to provide caveat when they’re not full-on Branch Davidian/ Randy Weaver apologists lmao

It’s definitely easier to obtain citizenship in a sane corner of this globe, than to try and remake this shit-hole country. believe it!

When you arrive at a full commitment to separatist lifestyle, you’ve basically given in to hate.

Wish love could’ve won out before they surrendered to that cloistered existence to the exclusion of everyone different.

but ya never know which way someone will go in life.