‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

That’s why I hate this place. I scroll down to post some good jokes, and they’ve all been taken before I get to the end of the thread.

Mine was going to be, “That kid needs a good spanking.”

6 Likes

Maybe they shot them in self defense? When you’re that small everyone is potentially a threat to you.

No DA is going to going to risk prosecuting this kid. Just need one person sympathetic to babies on that jury and they crawl free.

2 Likes

How many armed five year-olds?

3 Likes

Wtf

What we need are daycare providers with lathes.

2 Likes

12 Likes

At Texas Card House in North Houston

2 Likes

Back in the day, I used to play in some fucking shady games in TX that weren’t nearly as legal as these. However, with TX as it currently is, I’d be pretty reluctant to play in one of these card rooms where everyone is legally packing.

2 Likes

live a little

2 Likes

The rooms I played at in Houston all had metal detectors. It’s also not technically legal to carry in the cardrooms as they generally have “no guns plz” signs.

Well they asked nicely

And succinctly.

1 Like

Gun free zones KILLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZ

The motion was filed last week by attorneys representing the School Board and argues that Zwerner, who was shot in her classroom at Richneck Elementary in January by a 6-year-old student, is only entitled to file a worker’s compensation claim because the injury she sustained from the shooting is a “workplace injury,” and that the shooting was a hazard of the job.

4 Likes

AINAL, my understanding is that an employer is usually shielded from civil suits for a workplace injury unless there was malfeasance on the employer’s part bad enough as to be criminal negligence.

Would the basic ineptitude and passivity of the school’s administrators that day rise to criminal negligence?

A similar situation would be a machinist who informs her boss that her metal fabricator has a new, weird vibration at the safety guard and thinks it should be checked out by tech. Boss feels the machine, disagrees, and instructs the employee to return to work…and two hours later employee loses half her arm. I would assume in this situation the employee would not be able to sue the company outside of Worker’s Comp.

I don’t know the standards in that particular state, but based on the argument being made by the school board, it seems like the question of whether an employee can sue (as opposed to just file a worker’s comp claim) could also be impacted by whether the injury is the type of injury that one could reasonably expect to happen in that kind of job, or if it were something outside of the typical scope of your job. But I think you’re right that, generally speaking, an employee has to clear a pretty high bar to sue the employer for workplace injuries.

Well, they’re not wrong

i dunno if it will, but it sure should.

“It’s just very emotional” for her, defense attorney James Ellenson said when asked by a reporter why Taylor seemed “irritated” during the hearing. “It’s very upsetting to everybody.”

When asked if his client took responsibility for her son’s actions, Ellenson said, “Oh yeah. She feels very responsible. She feels very bad.”

Oh yeah.

1 Like

Too bad she’s not a white lady, she could have run with the ACTUALLY THE TEACHER IS A WOKE MOB PEDOPHILE GROOMING MY KIDS I’M GLAD SHE’S DEAD defense and got the whole Fox New propaganda machine behind her.

3 Likes