‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

I admit I am not a big fan of people randomly showing up at my house and ringing my doorbell, but shooting them never really occurred to me.

Video doorbells exist!

*not all bad guys

ETA: the only thing that stops a bad guy with a doorbell is a good guy with a gun

3 Likes

I read that George Washington is responsible for getting rid of dueling, at least in the northern states. He didn’t want to lose to the British because idiots were murdering each other to defend their honor. But the impulse to violence hasn’t completely gone away.

One of my favorite dueling stories (although there was no actual duel) was Preston Brooks challenging Anson Burlingame to a duel.

Has anyone written anything good about the strange tendency of TV Meterologists in particular to be reactionary wackos?

Wasn’t the original weather channel guy the face of climate change denial?

I mean, I just cowardly pretend I’m not home while looking at them through the Ring. I just assumed that was standard.

Might as well just put a tripwire tied to a shotgun on your front porch at this point. Automate the process.

As I’ve always said, just because the doorbell rings doesn’t mean you have to answer it.

lol America isn’t Mad Max (yet). My neighbors are pretty cool.

I’d venture a guess that it’s safer now to ring the doorbell and to open the door for someone than at any time in history. But people can’t get away with crimes like that as before so it ends up on the evening news as a way to freak folks the fuck out to not ring doorbells.

In a timely PSA, local tv will cover “unsolicited solicitors” and what you can do about it tonight at 10. Unclear if open the door and start blasting will be an option.

1 Like

Look outside your border. Comparatively this just isn’t true. Your country is not ok.

we used to call it it ‘knock-a-door run’ or just plain old chicken

The kids these days call it Knock Knock Bang Bang. Many happy memories for the ones that don’t die.

5 Likes

This is like finding out Jimmy Shive-Overly called smores “fluffergrams”

1 Like

My wife was at home the other day and a woman with her 8 year old son rang the doorbell. The woman says “my son has something to ask you” and he says “do you believe suffering will ever end?”

My point is, I get it

4 Likes

“My suffering will end when you get off my property. Have a blessed day.” SLAM.

1 Like