‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

I never handled a gun in my life, but is it standard to have your holstered gun cocked when you visit a cigar lounge or do other casual activities? Because I don’t think this is possible with no round in the chamber. Even with a light trigger pull.

2 Likes

If you’re doing to carry it in public then yes, usually you would have the safety on in the holster. The safety just prevents the trigger from operating/moving. I guess if the gun has some kind of internal malfunction that caused the firing pin to strike the bullet then the safety isn’t going to stop that.

revolvers don’t have a safety, and the striker is pushed back by the trigger before firing, but it can be pulled by your fingers or a wrapped clothing. some models the striker could pull back and fire by dropping the gun on pavement. SIG isn’t a revolver though, and failure modes are sometimes surprising.

I’m aware that it’s possible for a round to go off without pulling the trigger, e.g. due to overheating. My question was more how normal it is to walk around with a holstered gun with a round chambered, even if you are e.g. police on patrol. What situations do you expect to get into where you don’t have time to release the safety and cock the gun?

Police carrying with rounds chambered is standard. Idiots carrying with rounds chambered shouldn’t be standard but it probably is cause if a bad guy with a gun accosts you your only hope of living out your good guy with a gun fantasy is if you can quick draw and immediately start firing.

2 Likes

MFer just wanted some time off from driving the trains

Withholding judgment till I know whether the gun was a pronouns extremist.

2 Likes

Now CNN has the live photo body cam footage of Louisville on the front page for two days. I feel like these videos will just encourage/glorify the culture of guns - “good guys go get bad buys with guns”.

I do question the thought process of the police racing to get that video out there as fast as possible, but I assume it is exactly for that.

Real life FPS. Conservatives love this stuff.

If the tradeoff of cops wearing body cameras so we get hard evidence every time they brutalize a person of color is that they get to run a victory lap every time they take down a mass shooter, I’ll take that 10 days out of 10. Of course they are going to try to hide footage that makes them look bad, but overall its hard not to see body cameras as a massive win for the public good.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1647518826341318658?s=20

Doesn’t even make the cnn front page. USA! USA!

A teen birthday party JFC

The real answer is to get rid of cops and let the social workers manage mass shooters. ACAB etc

I mean, these are just subhumans living in a shithole anyways. Nobody should care about “flyover trash.”

Indeed.

In other news, can you believe these finance assholes that were born on 3rd base and think they hit a triple?

I have a ton of respect and have learned from many here.

That aint my vibe. But a man has his limits.

3 Likes

:heart: