New Years

Picked up a double shot of whiskey from a to-go window like I’m in New Orleans or something

Apparently you can do that here

Going to top it off with some club soda and fall asleep

7 Likes

I’m spending my last night in America with my mother and her partner. Got some liquor and found some quality food nearby.

5 Likes

I have some cheap Cabernet Sauvignon. Depending on how reflective I feel I’ll have a couple glasses or down a bottle. Not going anywhere obviously.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Just some Shinerbock and unhealthy food.

GF got bud light lime…gross

3 Likes

Getting drunk and playing video games and annoying people on social media

5 Likes

Binge watching my favorite Bourdain episodes. Sad but uplifting at the same time.

4 Likes

We ordered takeout from the best local restaurant. Gonna down a bottle of wine and see what happens.

2 Likes

Took out $55 worth of Greek food and streaming some live shows. I avoid bars on rookie night holidays usually anyway.

4 Likes

I’m in love with Avgolemono. None of the other restaurants in town have it but a new place a few blocks from me has it daily.

1 Like

Would have tipped 13.12

2 Likes

Discord?

1 Like

How much food does $55 get you?

1 Like

The soup I mentioned, a greek salad, a gyro platter with lamb/beef and lemon potatoes (never had them), extra tzaziki, hummus app, and extra pita. My first time going there the owner kicked me down free stuff so I was already liking the place. Oh yeah, about 30 or so kalamata olives also. I’m a pig.

ETA: 2 kabobs of chicken slouvaki also I already forgot about lmao.

5 Likes

Happy New Years my dear politics enthusiasts! :blush:

6 Likes

Lemon potatoes are delicious! Did you like them?

I spent it with my bf, standard night watching tv. NY kisses are always pretty special, another year together and still happy with each other.

6 Likes

You’re moving to Oregon? Where at?

1 Like

No. I loved the Dead & Co. shows in Eugene though and had so much fun there. I have friends in N. Cal that have ran weed farms in the hills for a decade or more. You’ll be able to find it in a town like that just by not being shady though.

1 Like

May have been my buddies’ trimmers! haha. Doubtful I know, was j/k. Yeah, once things are decriminalized though there should no problem just asking people at bars. That’s how I score. I remember one time music industry college trip to New Orleans everyone I went with was culture shocked and scared af. I scored a bag of weed on the bus ride to our hotel and was the hero of the choir/band nerds. “How can you just talk to (black) people like that?”

1 Like

I spent all my money on a djembe at the river shore flea market so had to have money wired and the nearest Western Union was 13 blocks off the French Quarter, which is pretty ghetto and boarded up windows crack houses and stuff. I planned on just walking down there during the day at like noon and the group wouldn’t let me so I talked shit to them the whole way about getting shot at noon in the middle of the street without any beef. They wouldn’t let me leave the Western Union with $350 and made me order a taxi that I made them pay for. Fucking hilarious. I wouldn’t have walked there at night necessarily but c’mon. It was literally a war zone to them. “People are targeting this store to rob people!”

1 Like