New Years

Happy new years, my dudes and dudettes. About to swallow a gummy and I already have a healthy buzz going on. Daughter is being put down by the missus at the moment and I’m in for a night of feeling good and watching CNN.

6 Likes

Haha! No worries, there was some other thread where people were talking about NYE and I mentioned that I’m a sucker for Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper. I’m not proud of it but it’s a guilty pleasure.

2 Likes

This is a few months after my first Phish show.

2 Likes

I’m watching a Twilight Zone marathon. I don’t see any good reason to celebrate a god damned thing.

8 Likes

:heart:

2 Likes

I’m going to pay for and watch the Bob Weir stream starting soon which I get people probably don’t want to watch for money unless Deadheads but will rewatch this show again later. The chess site is crashing so can’t even see the moves going on.

1 Like

I’ve never been to Portland yet other than through on the way to Eugene from Gorge. I wish I had been there and want to hang with some old roommates that do live there now. Sounds like a great time!

1 Like

We were supposed to take a float trip fly fishing on the Yakima by Gorge but got delayed so it didn’t happen. I’m sad about it still. I will be back.

1 Like

That was my experience living with a friend who worked at Tower Records in Denver and living in Summit County, CO. 1999 New Year I was partying in an Armani suit from my roommate in Breckenridge at Sushi Breck then hitting the town on boomers. Possibly the best night of my life or one of.

1 Like

Yeah CNN is surprisingly the best NYE show. Likely because they all just openly drink on air all night.

1 Like

I have a memory of Brianna Keilar dancing on a table but don’t remember the context.

My former boss is cousins with Bill Weir lol. I texted her to see if she’s watching him get a tattoo live on TV, but she hasn’t responded yet. It will be my NYE drama of the night

eta NYE drama of the night is redundant but i’m leaving it in for posterity

1 Like

love this song, made it through at least

1 Like

Bourdain one of the legit coolest dudes of all time.

2 Likes

yea that song is great as well, i only just found this band but its one of the 4-5 songs i’ve been listening to alot. Its also in the finale of You’re the Worst I believe.

1 Like

NYE 2016 with Don Lemon was lit!

1 Like

Never been a New Year’s Eve person. Used to love New Year’s Day college football long ago…,

But I don’t have many great New Year’s Eve experiences but I have basically ignored it most of my life.

My two most memorable Need Years Eves.

1. I was visiting some friends in California for the holidays. My friend is a car dealer and we were going to to Las Vegas to pick up some cars at auction. For the week after Christmas I had the worst flu of my life. I started feeling better by the time we went to Vegas.

I used to go to Vegas over Christmas all the time but I was never there for New Years. We are there and this girl who had a crush on my friend was there with her extended family. Apparently they had a lot of rooms and had an extra one and offered it to us. My friend balked because he “didn’t want to lead her on” :roll_eyes:

We ended up driving back to LA (all in separate cars because we had to drive them back) and got home in the evening. We got back decided to go out and went to a club. Got plastered, woke up with a horrific hangover in an airport holiday inn,

The other one is I had a job with a regional ISP. The bulk of 1999 was me dedicated to making sure that every single piece of equipment that we had was Y2K compliant. New Year’s Eve 1999 was spent in a network operations center watching absolutely nothing happening.

I think a big part of my aversion to NYE is that I am a pretty big introvert so the Thanksgiving / Christmas duo of socializing is pretty draining. By the time New Years comes around I am done.

Also all the drunk driving sucks, or at least it used to when I would occasionally go out on NYE.

Anyways Happy New Years to you all.

3 Likes

Well I was gonna make some real money tonight, but since my favorite people are having a party

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/1344865336596828160?s=20

5 Likes

2021 resolution, watch rounders.

2 Likes