New! stuff to cheer you up in these dark times

_110032055_michigancourtadoption

4 Likes

I’m not crying, YOU’re crying

2 Likes

Who wants to get Daved :joy: Check out the rest of his chess stuff, even if you’re not that into the game, but instead like the game. :wink:

A three-year-old boy whose father suffered a seizure took to a main road on his toy truck to raise the alarm.

Stefan Snowden, from Twenty, Lincolnshire, covered a quarter of a mile on his Paw Patrol truck after his father, Marc, fell ill at home.

I’m just picturing what I imagine was a very determined look on his face as he sped down the road :slight_smile:

Time for that “how to dial 999” talk though I think.

1 Like
3 Likes

Lol this is my local news broadcast.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/RhysLion/status/1218595104547639297

My cat used to attack my dogs with absolute indemnity. The boys were not allowed to retaliate in anyway. She was 16 though and it gave her joy.

1 Like

@seities, since based on your avatar you might like pugs…

Seen in Portland OR:

1 Like

zomg!

I was in Portland last year and I think I saw this poster! IIRC there are a bunch of different ones all with a Pug theme, right?

ty for posting! I’m a fan of dogs in general and hope to get one this year after being without for quite a while.

Actually there were a bunch of posters but they were all different “mashups” of animals. The only other one I can remember right now was “Corgidile” (a corgie + crocodile, very cute). This was in Portland Cider House on Hawthorne Street in NE Portland.

I used to be a cat person, but my girlfriend’s corgies converted me to be more of a dog person. Would like to get one or two dogs from the pound when circumstances are right.

1 Like
3 Likes

Sheffield mum finds stranger’s poem where daughter died

A mother who marks every anniversary of her daughter’s death by placing flowers at the roadside was “overwhelmed” when a stranger left a poem for her to find.

Sharon Green leaves a floral tribute by the road in Sheffield where 13-year-old Rebecca was run over in 1996.

Peter Fearnley actually wrote the poem in 2018 as the lyrics to a song. This year, he attached a laminated card of his verse to the railings.

Ms Green found his work and they were put in touch through social media.

“I was just overwhelmed to think that someone would go and put so much effort into writing the most beautiful verse,” Ms Green told BBC Radio Sheffield.

3 Likes
5 Likes

4 Likes

My daughter rode one of those before she started walking and she could haul ass on that thing. Much faster than my son could run and it frustrated him immensely.

WTF lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/ezcy6y/the_joy_of_catching_a_puck/

The kid’s face when he asks if she wants a picture is adorable.

2 Likes

The picture is in the comments. Her happiness is infectious indeed.