New Moderator Confirmation Votes: jman220, MrWookie, commonWealth, and Crunchyblack

traditional, roasted red pepper, everything bagel, roasted garlic, chipotle pepper

all those words are offensive to me

1 Like

i ate this dish in this specific place 5 times a week for two years. (although iā€™d order it with extra spice). lemon-garlic sauce and raw onion are musts.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been avoiding all of this nonsense but checking in to say I would have voted yes on Wookie also.

Knowing all this, I would still abstain from voting.

125 screen names voted. 105 voted in all four. 28 posters voted yes on all four. 5 posters voted no on all four. One poster voted in exactly one confirmation.

Are you guys actually debating this? Wookie won confirmation. Someone, I donā€™t care who, fucked with the results to make it look like he didnā€™t.

I, THE PRINCESS OF UNSTUCK, have spoken.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 5.59.01 AM

1 Like

We are basically the Senate. Or maybe a less functional Senate.

1 Like

giphy (1)

1 Like

Let me see if I have this right.

79 is one vote less than two thirds of 120. So, if results stand, Wookie lost.

As it stands, moderators are tasked with protecting the site from trolls, among other things, and given a variety of tools to address that but no specific instructions or limits. In the absence of clearer direction from the community, mods are taking it upon themselves to police binding votes, using their own judgment and principles such as ā€œone person, one voteā€ for what they see as the good of the community.

Are the accounts being questioned MaxCut and MrJBroRisen? I am in favor of letting their votes stand, unless it can be proven that they also voted under a different screen name. No revote, but if existing mods feel over-worked, we can revisit the topic of adding more mods at a later date.

But I also think it is complete dumbassery to have a community that is easily broken by people who ignore norms and I would like to create formal rules governing who can vote in binding polls such as mod elections.

In the interests of UP not having slightly dubious election rigging / suspect counts Iā€™d agree with you here. Maybe we can firm up voting rules before next rotation.

This is likely to score bigly on the community trust rating moving forwards, encouraging those driven off the site to reinject their enthusiam towards UP.

MaxCut and JBro have only voted once. Victoarā€™s vote was not counted. Wookie missed the 2/3 threshold without Victoarā€™s vote.

I donā€™t really follow how someone who hasnā€™t been a mod for over a year remaining not a mod is going to change anyoneā€™s opinion about posting here.

There will just be fights over formal rules and appropriate thresholds.

Id vote to either move to a benevolent dictatorship model or just make everyone mods and let everyone just ban each other and delete posts until they got bored and moved onto other things.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t there a third option? Just let people talk and use the software and its ignore function the way it was intended. We donā€™t need dictators or guerilla warfare.

3 Likes

Less about changing their mind rather than being physically able to post.

Under the walking carpetā€™s modship, Iā€™d make a post usually substantiated by BBC linkage, receive the banhammer for a week or so, ban expired usually a day later than announced by which time said quote was common knowledge, make another uuugley relevant post to the panademic only to receive another fortnight offā€¦ rinse, much repeat

1 Like

Hey, thatā€™s been solved by the all new singing dancing mod rules - youā€™ll only silenced for a day, increasing in duration with every BBC (sorry, thatā€™s BEE BEE CEE) link.

No name calling, this is your warning.

No referencing old drama, thereā€™s your warning.