New Moderator Confirmation Votes: goofyballer and marty

Marty is Irish.

2 Likes

You’re correct, it would be better if nominations for mods were treated with the same respect as a poll question asking to ban someone who virtually never posts on the forum. Maybe keep the nominations up for a week next time?

1 Like

False, and your attempt to shame people who have made an independent evaluation on each candidate is disappointing.

Temperament matters. Goofy has a demonstrated history of being a fine moderator. Marty’s history does not instill confidence that he should be put in a position of leadership or authority.

2 Likes

I mean, this is the system a supermajority of the forum voted on and supported to replace what had been a much slower process. So here we are.

1 Like

Marty is Irish but UK applies to N.I. Technically you’re both right. Unless I’m wrong (not rare)

Marty is harsh but more than fair. The first to call me out - he’ll banhammer this side of the pond too, if it’s warranted, no doubt about that

He might be more remembered for c word debacle but that’s unfair because that’s been quiet for months! It’s like Marty, a valued UP member changed UK’s ongoing cultural habits for the benefit of his US readers.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: RFC to De-Admin goreo

I’m not saying that people shouldn’t be able to criticize policies that they voted for, but it would be nice to maybe acknowledge that this was a policy that you previously supported instead of vaguely placing the responsibility on others.

Who authored the policy? I’ll direct any concerns accordingly

@goofyballer Do you plan to respond to any of the objections in this thread? It would be a sign of good faith imo.

What’s the best vote for someone who just wants stupid drama to stop?

The inability of people to change their opinion about something when new evidence is presented is outstanding.

Probably no+no. See greg’s post.

3 Likes

This sounds like a really good case for handing me the keys to the kingdom

There isn’t really one as both of these guys are just volunteering for mod to spite the other side. Encouraging both of them to withdraw from consideration would probably be good.

2 Likes

All of my lols at this, cmon, everyone can read the poll results.

Just my opinion, I think that marty volunteered to troll his opponents. Goof baller saw marty doing this and volunteered to troll the captains. As greg oreo points out, these two have actively been feuding for months and it’s insane to make either party mod. That Goof baller seems to be popular enough to maybe get 2/3rds support doesn’t make it a good idea. Again, as greg oreo points out, that’s actually much worse than modding both, which would be bad.

And eye booger wanted to know which would decrease the drama, and making one or the other feuding parties (or both) moderator sure as hell won’t.

4 Likes

who the fuck nominated these guys??? maybe everyone involved in nominating them should be sent to bed with no supper and told to THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUVE DONE

1 Like

I believe this is what I predicted forced rotation of mods would result in.

1 Like

they nominated themselves.

hahahahahaha is this actually how the system works now

oh wow

2 Likes