New Moderation Policy: Posting personal information will get you permanently banned

You’re a clever boy, surely you can manage to find some way to be an asshole to style on these NPCs without referring to how to find their real name. That’s apparently a much easier ask than a simple “be nice”.

1 Like

I’m a nice boy too.

I’m sorry your lives turned out so hard but we’re all dying.

1 Like

If the posts were deleted, is there any way you would know?

Fuck off, liar.

I have never posted anything other than my metro area.

Do you happen to recall which poster mentioned it first? It seems like the kind of thing that would really jump out at you if you had purposely (I assume) avoided mentioning it.

Meh, these people are sad. Jal was using my real name to address me here too, literally in the thread about not doing that type of shit. I have enough IRL history with 2+2ers that kind of shit will be findable if you’re persistent enough. Like shit I’m pretty sure I have greears phone number and iron has been in a card table with me dozens of times.

I’d rather not draw further attention to what may or may not be a more precise bead on my location than my metro area. Other mentions of the place Jal mentioned were innocuous mentions of the place that had nothing to do with me. But again, as I told Jal, it’s normal human behavior to wish someone a happy birthday on their birthday. It’s creep behavior to remind someone you know their birth date, even if they knew you were at their birthday party.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Fair enough. I was a bit curious, but not that curious.

Yes, it’s actually very easy for mods to see people’s deleted posts in their profile.
Clicking on that shows us all the posts a user has made that have been deleted.

I did a cursory search through MrWookie’s deleted posts (the most recent of which was deleted during the “plane on a treadmill” debate, before that was in December 2022 and was about Ukraine) and didn’t see any references to a location.

Thanks. I didn’t know that was possible.

I assume the same is true of edited posts. You can see earlier versions and can check those?

And I guess you checked those too in this case?

I guess I gotta be more careful about my own posts. If I post something I think is dumb, I just delete it. I didn’t really realize that it is still there forever.

I believe there is a short window to delete/edit and it’s actually gone (at least I don’t know how to still see it). Once that grace period is over, it can never truly be removed.

That said it is work to actually view deleted/edited stuff, so doubt anyone is expending the effort to see what stupid stuff you posted.

Yeah, I should clarify that while it’s easy to go to a profile and click the deleted posts button most of what it shows you is still just

(post deleted by author)

and to read those you have to

1. Click the link to the deleted post
  2. Find it in the thread it’s in
  3. Click the “View 1 hidden reply” link in the thread
  4. Click the edit history on the post

I only did that for a couple of posts, for the rest I assumed based on the threads they were posted in they wouldn’t fit the criteria.

It shouldn’t be something to worry about but we’ve got hypercreeps like otatop skeeving through the old laundry at half mast.

As a 2+2 refugee, I hereby grant posters here the right to use any and all of my online usernames.