New Moderation Policy: Posting personal information will get you permanently banned

this guy has requested to be added to the list:

1 Like

I’m Spartacus!

That guy’s IP only matches @tralalalala and adding the word “victor” to the filter would catch other words like victory so I’m going to decline the request but can certainly add dntTaseMeBro_orDOXme.

so first names of posters are acceptable then if they’re known. seems like this could be a problem

1 Like

Is not what I said. Arf arf arf.

Let me explain, and I’m going to @WichitaDM here as well since I think you’re both discussing this in good faith.

I don’t have a problem with people on this forum knowing my name, and I understand that ship has sailed. However, my old screenname is forever linked to my real name in Google searches. Which is fine, however on this corner of the Internet, a small group of people has been harassing me for years and has posted a handful of false character attacks that I don’t want linked to my real name. One person here specifically threatened to ruin my reputation in the poker world. My real name has been posted, my initials have been posted, and I’ve had creepy PMs using my real name and referencing personal facts about my life.

Since UP doesn’t do moderation, I asked to have my username changed and to have people stop referring to me as the old username to try to prevent UP from showing up in searches for my old screenname, the last line of defense against stupid Internet drama bleeding into my real life.

I stopped posting here seven months ago and have only been posting on SPE since then, I don’t want to be involved in any drama. The fact that this harassment of me has continued for seven months after I stopped posting should make it obvious who does and does not want drama.

1 Like

getting you to make any sense is not easy. woof woof.

your explanation doesn’t apply to all the derivations of Victor that can be used and was requested to be removed. do you need him to spell them all out for you, so you can add them to the filter?

lol otatop just edited my post, as it says in the note, to add italics and bolded

Why the fuck did he do that? Any legitimate moderation reason or is he just fucking around? Who knows.

I added ■■■■■■■ or ■■■■■■■ or ■■■■■■■.

Having the exact quote seemed very important to you but it obviously goes against the request to not post the full screen name and the filter implemented to censor the full name that came after it was originally posted so as a compromise I made minor edits that I think will keep it from being searchable and made a big ass note that I did so.

The filter doesn’t filter what I posted. I was expecting it to be filtered when I copied and pasted but it wasn’t.

■■■■ ■■■■■■■■

It was important to post what I wrote because it shows what a fucken maniac you were acting like. Banning for a week for literally nothing, threatening permabans. I don’t care if you filter ■■■■■■■■■■■, cuse rounder, ■■■■ rounder, whatever. Makes no difference to me. But decide what’s filtered and stop capriciously threating selective enforcement of your insane rules against your enemies.

That’s some real shit filter you’ve created if it’s case sensitive.

Silly me only filtering the actual username and not figuring out a way to also filter any variant with spaces in it without also filtering the word “rounder” from every post. I’ll get right on it.

1 Like

Make sure you do.

I already had this filter added, any suggestions to improve it?

I mean you think you’d include the exact variant you banned me for a week for typing into a word rectangle.

You might want to add “pompous twat”

5 Likes

cW had already edited one of your posts and we had a whole exchange in this thread warning you not to post the old name, it’s not like it came out of nowhere like you’re pretending.

Check the post directly above yours.

Pretending? The post where I quoted my banned post explicitly says that you banned me for failing to obey your crazy edict. Yes you warned me not to type ■■■■ rounder into the word box. I pointed out that typing that set of characters was harmless and that you were refusing to even articulate a harm, let alone one that would justify weeklong banning and permabans.

No, no. I wouldn’t make that assumption.

1 Like

nice ty

should probably add it to the op too when you get a sec